CONGRESS OF THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
RESOLUTION NO. 38
RESOLUTION PROCLAIMING FERDINAND E. MARCOS AND ARTURO M. TOLENTINO AS THE DULY ELECTED PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES, RESPECTIVELY
WHEREAS, in pursuance of the provisions of the Constitution, as amended, and of Batas Pambansa Blg. 881, the Speaker, assisted by the Board of Tellers, has canvassed the returns and publicly counted the votes cast at the election for the offices of the President and Vice-President of the Philippines held last February 7, 1986, and has found that FERINAND E. MARCOS and ARTURO M. TOLENTINO have received the highest number of votes for the offices of President and Vice-President, respectively: Now, therefore, be it
Resolved by the Batasang Pambansa, By virtue of the result of the canvass of election returns of the election held on February 7, 1986, to proclaim, as it hereby proclaims, FERDINAND E. MARCOS as the duly elected President of the Philippines, and ARTURO M. TOLENTINO as the duly elected Vice-President of the Philippines.
NICANOR E. YÑIGUEZ
This Resolution was adopted by the First Batasang Pambansa on February 15, 1986.
ANTONIO M. DE GUZMAN
Reference: Javante-De Dios, Daroy, Kalaw-Tirol (1988). Dictatorship and Revolution. Conspectus Foundation Inc.; p. 725
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Palace Strongly Reiterates Call For Ceasefire
- Press Conference Of PCO Secretary Martin Andanar, Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella And Socioeconomic Planning Secretary And Director General Of The National Economic And Development Authority Dr. Ernesto M. Pernia
- Press Conference of Sec. Andanar, Spokesperson Abella, Sec. Sueno and Commissioner Faeldon
- Press Conference of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 21, 2016)
- From The Office Of The Presidential Spokesperson On the UN executive to PH
- La Mesa Dam Alert #2