Office of the President
of the Philippines
MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 10
URGING GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES ENGAGED IN THE ACTIVE PRACTICE OF GEODETIC ENGINEERING TO ATTEND THE FIRST PHILIPPINE GEOMATICS CONGRESS ON OCTOBER 25, 2001
Presidential Proclamation No. 27 dated April 16, 2001, declared 2001 A.D. as the Centennial Year of the Geodetic Engineering (surveying and mapping) Profession to commemorate the one hundred years of the profession and to acknowledge the valuable contribution of said profession in spearheading the survey of uncharted areas and frontiers of the country.
Under the Proclamation, a Geodetic Engineering Centennial Committee was formed to organize and undertake appropriate programs, projects and activities befitting the centennial celebration, and accordingly scheduled the Geodetic Engineers Summit and Organization of the First Geomatics Congress on October 25, 2001, at the Centennial Hall, Manila Hotel.
The heads of the following departments and offices are, therefore, encouraged to authorize not more than three (3) of their geodetic engineers, to attend the said Congress on official time with allowable expenses, including registration fees, at rates prescribed under current COA, CSC, and DBM policies chargeable against the funds of their respective agencies, subject to the availability thereof and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations:
1. DENR (Land Management Bureau, Forest Management Bureau & Mines & GeoSciences Bureau)
2. Department of Public Works & Highways (DPWH)
3. National Mapping & Information Resources Authority (NAMRIA)
4. Land Registration Administration (LRA)
5. Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR)
6. Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB)
7. National Power Corporation (NPC)
8. National Irrigation Administration (NIA)
9. National Housing Authority (NHA)
10. AFP Mapping Center
11. UP Department of Geodetic Engineering
12. Board of Geodetic Engineering, PRC
13. Bureau of Soils & Water Management
For the guidance of all concerned.
By authority of the President:
(Sgd.) ALBERTO G. ROMULO
Manila, 10 October 2001