MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. 1
REVERTING THE MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION OF THE PRESIDENT’S SOCIAL FUND AND OTHER SPECIAL FUNDS TO THE PRESIDENTIAL MANAGEMENT STAFF
WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 130 dated 30 January 1987 mandated the PMS to be the “primary government agency responsible to the Office of the President for providing staff assistance in the Presidential exercise of overall management of the development process;”
WHEREAS, Memorandum Order No. 184 dated 01 August 1988 and Memorandum Order No. 184-A dated 15 September 1988 designated the Presidential Management Staff (“PMS”) as the unit in the Office of the President which shall: identify, evaluate, and recommend to the President project beneficiaries of the Special Presidential Action for Regional Concerns (“SPARC”), known as the President’s Social Fund (“PSF”); handle the disbursement of the said Fund; and monitor the implementation of approved projects;
WHEREAS, Memorandum Order No. 56 dated 15 March 2002 designated an Officer-in-Charge to oversee the management of the PSF and other funds under the PMS;
WHEREAS, such funds and their management are logically placed under the PMS to be systematically allocated in accordance with and complementary to the administration’s programs and policies;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, BENIGNO S. AQUINO III, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law do hereby order:
SECTION 1. The PMS, acting through its head or its duly authorized representative is hereby designated as the Officer-in-Charge to oversee the management and administration of the PSF and other funds presently under the PMS. As such, the PMS Head or its duly authorized representative shall exercise the necessary powers for the efficient operation of the PSF, including the authority to: undertake the final review of all requests for assistance from the Funds and submit recommendations on the requests to the President; sign Memoranda of Agreement/Deeds of Donation covering projects and/or requests approved by the President for assistance from the PSF; receive remittances for the PSF and accept donations to the same; approve for revision of project specifications, project realignments, and utilization of savings and/or unused funds of projects assisted by the PSF; disburse vouchers to authorize payments for projects approved by the President for assistance; sign and release checks covering fund releases from the PSF; and, issue the appropriate guidelines to implement this Memorandum Order.
SECTION 2. All presidential issuances, guidelines, rules and regulations, or parts thereof which are contrary or inconsistent with the provisions of this Memorandum Order are hereby repealed and modified accordingly.
SECTION 3. This Memorandum Order shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Manila, 14th July, 2010.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
By the President:
(Sgd.) PAQUITO N. OCHOA, JR.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- DOE updates on power restoration after Typhoon Glenda as of July 25, 2014
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of July 21-25, 2014
- Decorated general assumes office as government ceasefire chief
- DepEd is committed to enhancing the quality of basic education
- DILG to relocate informal settlers to safer communities
- DOH recognizes Typhoon Yolanda heroes
- POEA allows exemptions for OFW’s returning to Libya under certain skills
- General Government debt improves to 39.2% of GDP as of end-2013
- Bureau of Customs opens over 1,000 job vacancies
- DOLE lists local job vacancies for OFW repatriates from crisis-stricken countries
- Photo release: Obando flood control project
- DPWH prepares to launch green, sustainable building code in 2015