HIS EXCELLENCY BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES
THE SIGNING OF EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 1 ESTABLISHING THE TRUTH COMMISSION
(Malacañan Palace, Manila, July 29, 2010)
Today I signed Executive Order No. 1, establishing a commission to investigate allegations of anomalies during the last nine (9) years. The process of bringing a necessary closure to the allegations of official wrongdoing and impunity has begun.
Alinsunod sa aking pinangakong gagawin sa loob ng unang “100 days” ng aking administrasyon, magsisimula na ang ating Truth Commission, na pinangungunahan ni dating Chief Justice Hilario Davide, Jr.
Tungkulin nitong magsiyasat at hanapin ang katotohanan sa mga matitinding alegasyon ng katiwalian noong nakaraang siyam na taon na diumano kinasangkutan ng mga opisyal ng pamahalaan at ng kanilang mga kasabwat sa pribadong sektor.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Social development program empowers Apayao women
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on Gilas Pilipinas’ silver medal finish
- Reforms improve labor market efficiency
- P317-M worth of agricultural projects for Caraga
- Statement: Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte on the latest results of the Worldwide Governance Indicators project
- Government on alert for Kabayan