HIS EXCELLENCY BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
PRESIDENT OF THE PHILIPPINES
THE SIGNING OF EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 1 ESTABLISHING THE TRUTH COMMISSION
(Malacañan Palace, Manila, July 29, 2010)
Today I signed Executive Order No. 1, establishing a commission to investigate allegations of anomalies during the last nine (9) years. The process of bringing a necessary closure to the allegations of official wrongdoing and impunity has begun.
Alinsunod sa aking pinangakong gagawin sa loob ng unang “100 days” ng aking administrasyon, magsisimula na ang ating Truth Commission, na pinangungunahan ni dating Chief Justice Hilario Davide, Jr.
Tungkulin nitong magsiyasat at hanapin ang katotohanan sa mga matitinding alegasyon ng katiwalian noong nakaraang siyam na taon na diumano kinasangkutan ng mga opisyal ng pamahalaan at ng kanilang mga kasabwat sa pribadong sektor.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- Paggugol na Matuwid 2015: Nag-uugat sa badyet ang lahat ng reporma
- DOLE: OFWs in Libya can leave even without exit visas
- Statement: DFA on the PH proposal “Triple Action Plan”
- PH joins Yokohama Sparkling Twilight 2014
- PH featured in 2 popular Korean TV networks
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction considers PH a “competitive location for investors”
- DOH: Philippines is still Ebola-free
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the 5th death anniversary of President Corazon C. Aquino
- Overeseas Voter Registration Center is open at the Commission on Filipinos Overseas
- DFA Tacloban resumes operations, extends passport releasing to September 30, 2014
- DOH-MIMAROPA prioritizes health programs for PWD in the region
- Statement: Secretary Roxas on the capture of Said Giad alias “Maestro”