His Excellency Benigno S. Aquino III
President of the Philippines
To the Philippine Islamic Community
In observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan
[August 9, 2010]
The Filipino nation joins our brothers and sisters in Islam in the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan.
Ramadan is a time of both sacrifice and purification; as you fast, pray, and act with kindness towards the poor and less fortunate, may the whole world also pause to reflect on the value of forgoing worldly pleasures to cleanse the body, mind, and soul.
Along with this, may we also be reminded that Ramadan is also a time for great hope. For the sacrifices that bring a community closer to one another and to the Almighty brings the promise of grace and abundance.
The Filipino nation shares deeply in this Ramadan spirit. As we collectively acknowledge our failure in the stewardship of our people and resources, we must undergo difficult sacrifices. As we heal the wounds of our nation, in justice, each and every one needs to accept his or her shortcomings and resolve to take the straight path. The straight path demands thinking less of ourselves and more of what we can do for the greater good.
It is this sacrifice along with the promise of change that gives us so much hope. We know that in the new straight path, the Almighty will generously reward us with His bountiful blessings and grace.
A blessed Ramadan to all our Muslim brothers and sisters. And to all of us.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Palace Strongly Reiterates Call For Ceasefire
- Press Conference Of PCO Secretary Martin Andanar, Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella And Socioeconomic Planning Secretary And Director General Of The National Economic And Development Authority Dr. Ernesto M. Pernia
- Press Conference of Sec. Andanar, Spokesperson Abella, Sec. Sueno and Commissioner Faeldon
- Press Conference of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 21, 2016)
- From The Office Of The Presidential Spokesperson On the UN executive to PH
- La Mesa Dam Alert #2