His Excellency Benigno S. Aquino III
President of the Philippines
To the Philippine Islamic Community
In observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan
[August 9, 2010]
The Filipino nation joins our brothers and sisters in Islam in the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan.
Ramadan is a time of both sacrifice and purification; as you fast, pray, and act with kindness towards the poor and less fortunate, may the whole world also pause to reflect on the value of forgoing worldly pleasures to cleanse the body, mind, and soul.
Along with this, may we also be reminded that Ramadan is also a time for great hope. For the sacrifices that bring a community closer to one another and to the Almighty brings the promise of grace and abundance.
The Filipino nation shares deeply in this Ramadan spirit. As we collectively acknowledge our failure in the stewardship of our people and resources, we must undergo difficult sacrifices. As we heal the wounds of our nation, in justice, each and every one needs to accept his or her shortcomings and resolve to take the straight path. The straight path demands thinking less of ourselves and more of what we can do for the greater good.
It is this sacrifice along with the promise of change that gives us so much hope. We know that in the new straight path, the Almighty will generously reward us with His bountiful blessings and grace.
A blessed Ramadan to all our Muslim brothers and sisters. And to all of us.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the election of Justice Adolf Azcuna as a commissioner of the ICJ
- CHED Statement: P4.1 billion not pork
- FAQs on Customs hiring and selection
- CSC advisory: Testing centers for GAT and EOPT on August 31, 2014
- Thousands to take Customs pre-employment exam on August 31
- Salient points: Secretary Balisacan’s statement on the Q2 2014 performance of the PH economy