The Official Gazette (gov.ph) encourages Filipino amateur and professional photographers to submit photos of Philippine landmarks, notable government buildings, significant events, customs, people, and the like, for consideration as banners for the website.
The banner image is the prominent space located right below the menu bar on the home page. The Gazette may feature one or as many as four panned banners at a time. The current staple banners consist of photos of the President as well as of Malacañan Palace. From time to time, the banner section features images commemorating special events, e.g., the birthdays of past presidents and high-ranking government officials, as well as significant holidays, such as the recent celebration of Eid el-Fitr.
You may submit your entries to [email protected]. Please include a brief biography as well as your whole name, age, occupation, address, citizenry, and contact information. Please limit the photographs for submission to five and the biography to a length of no more than 500 characters with spaces. Each photograph must be labeled accordingly, including the date it was taken. Unlabeled photographs will be disregarded.
Once a photograph is chosen, the photographer will be contacted to initiate the procedure for waiver signing and confirmation.
The photographer’s biography will be posted on the site’s About page and, after the banners are taken down, they will be archived in the site’s Gallery section including the pertinent information on the photographer.
The Official Gazette reserves the right to digitally enhance photos, albeit within reason and respect to the photographer’s aesthetic. Non-Filipino citizens may also submit work, but first priority will be given to Filipinos living in the Philippines. Please note that landscape shots are preferred to portrait shots, although our options are not limited to the former. The higher the resolution of your photographs the better.
For inquiries, please call the Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office at 735-6167.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- BIR reminds importers and customs brokers of July 31 accreditation deadline
- DOE updates on power restoration after Typhoon Glenda as of July 25, 2014
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of July 21-25, 2014
- Decorated general assumes office as government ceasefire chief
- DepEd is committed to enhancing the quality of basic education
- DILG to relocate informal settlers to safer communities
- DOH recognizes Typhoon Yolanda heroes
- POEA allows exemptions for OFW’s returning to Libya under certain skills
- General Government debt improves to 39.2% of GDP as of end-2013
- Bureau of Customs opens over 1,000 job vacancies
- DOLE lists local job vacancies for OFW repatriates from crisis-stricken countries
- Photo release: Obando flood control project