His Excellency BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
President of the Philippines
[September 20, 2010, Ninoy Aquino International Airport]
[Please check against delivery]
In line with the thrust of my administration to strengthen the engagement between the public and private sector; generate jobs and livelihood for our countrymen; and ultimately move the whole nation along the straight and righteous path towards economic progress, we have embarked on this journey to send a message to the world, and particularly to one of our biggest trading partners, the United States of America: The Philippines is open for business.
We are committed to untangling a cumbersome bureaucracy; empowering industries that hold great promise, especially those that will elevate the living conditions in rural areas; and rationalizing a regulatory system that for many years has been a disincentive to foreign investors. With the help of our people, who are now exhibiting a newfound optimism founded on our pledge of professional, transparent governance, we can achieve our goals.
I am confident that as we explain to the world our vision and program of government, we will be rewarded with investments that, over the next several months, will generate thousands of new jobs for our countrymen.
This trip happens even before we reach the hundred-day threshold of our administration. We are determined not to waste any time as we continue our nation’s march towards equitable progress.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- UNICEF’s unconditional cash grants to benefit Pantawid Pamilya families in E. Visayas
- Roxas secures freedom of 4 cops from NPA
- NPA to turn over four cops to DILG chief
- DOE chairs 2014 Consumer Welfare Month
- Statement: The Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on the release of PNP personnel
- Message of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on Eid’l Fitr
- Statement: The Secretary of Education on SONA 2014
- Statement: The Secretary of the Interior and Local Government on Janet Lim Napoles’ transfer to Bicutan
- BIR reminds importers and customs brokers of July 31 accreditation deadline
- DOE updates on power restoration after Typhoon Glenda as of July 25, 2014
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of July 21-25, 2014
- Decorated general assumes office as government ceasefire chief