His Excellency BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
President of the Philippines
[September 20, 2010, Ninoy Aquino International Airport]
[Please check against delivery]
In line with the thrust of my administration to strengthen the engagement between the public and private sector; generate jobs and livelihood for our countrymen; and ultimately move the whole nation along the straight and righteous path towards economic progress, we have embarked on this journey to send a message to the world, and particularly to one of our biggest trading partners, the United States of America: The Philippines is open for business.
We are committed to untangling a cumbersome bureaucracy; empowering industries that hold great promise, especially those that will elevate the living conditions in rural areas; and rationalizing a regulatory system that for many years has been a disincentive to foreign investors. With the help of our people, who are now exhibiting a newfound optimism founded on our pledge of professional, transparent governance, we can achieve our goals.
I am confident that as we explain to the world our vision and program of government, we will be rewarded with investments that, over the next several months, will generate thousands of new jobs for our countrymen.
This trip happens even before we reach the hundred-day threshold of our administration. We are determined not to waste any time as we continue our nation’s march towards equitable progress.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of January 26-30, 2015
- PNP holds necrological services for the 42 SAF members
- 1st meeting of Philippines-Viet Nam Joint Commission on concluding a Strategic Partnership held in Manila
- DOF-BLGF opens 197 positions to re-energize, reform local finance
- Joint statement of the GPH and MILF Peace Panels at the Special Meeting of the Panels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- January 30, 2015, is a National Day of Mourning