Statement of Education Secretary Luistro on the Suspension of Classes in public elementary and high schools after the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections.
[October 25, 2010]
In consideration of the efforts our teachers exerted during the conduct of the 2010 barangay and sangguniang kabataan election particularly their having to wait for the election materials practically over night, DepEd declares that classes in all public elementary and high schools nationwide are suspended tomorrow Tuesday, October 26, 2010.
For schools where elections are postponed to October 26, 2010, classes are suspended tomorrow and the following, day October 27, 2010.
This suspension is made to give our courageous, dedicated, and persevering teachers time to rest after a long poll duty.
For any clarifications that may be needed, please call 636-1663.
Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Video: Alternative routes while Metro Manila Skyway Project (Stage 3) is being constructed
- Mahahalagang punto: Press briefing ni Kalihim Dinky Soliman, ika-15 ng Setyembre 2014
- Advancements toward open data legislation
- DPWH undertakes immediate clearing on Typhoon Luis affected infrastructure
- NGO builds lofts in DSWD core shelters for Sendong survivors
- DOLE’s POLO in Lebanon repatriates 29 distressed OFWs