Statement of Education Secretary Luistro on the Suspension of Classes in public elementary and high schools after the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections.
[October 25, 2010]
In consideration of the efforts our teachers exerted during the conduct of the 2010 barangay and sangguniang kabataan election particularly their having to wait for the election materials practically over night, DepEd declares that classes in all public elementary and high schools nationwide are suspended tomorrow Tuesday, October 26, 2010.
For schools where elections are postponed to October 26, 2010, classes are suspended tomorrow and the following, day October 27, 2010.
This suspension is made to give our courageous, dedicated, and persevering teachers time to rest after a long poll duty.
For any clarifications that may be needed, please call 636-1663.
Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Customs seizes contraband fruits from Africa
- June infra spending spiked by 62.7% year-on-year
- Mindanao’s Guinness world record attempt opens online registration
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on Ninoy Aquino Day 2014
- Statement: The DOF Chief Economist on Standard Charter Report on PH growth target
- 23K kindergarten students, beneficiaries of Silid Pangarap Classrooms