A November 17, 2010, press release prepared by the Department of Foreign Affairs
17 November 2010 – The Philippine Embassy in Malaysia organized an “In-House Workshop on the Issue of Human Trafficking” for Embassy personnel and members of the ALC-Philippines at the Embassy premises on October 21.
The event was held in coordination with the ASEAN Ladies’ Circle (ALC)-Philippines in Kuala Lumpur,
Visayan Forum Foundation, Inc. president and executive director Ma. Cecilia Flores-Oebanda, and Wadah Foundation International founder Anie Hashim Djojohadikusumo were the resource speakers during the gathering.
They shared valuable information on their respective organizations’ experiences in advocating awareness on human trafficking and in helping the victims of this illegal trade, which has now become a pressing global concern.
Philippine Ambassador Victoriano M. Lecaros and Second Secretary and Consul Melchor P. Lalunio Jr., also shared the Embassy’s front-line services and experiences in combating human trafficking in Malaysia.
The gathering was an opportunity to learn from two different perspectives– that of the Philippine Government and of NGO’s. END
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
2330 Roxas Blvd., Pasay City, Philippines
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- 5th Progress Report: Millennium Development Goals
- Arrears Management Teams (AMTs) collect over P2 billion
- DILG: CIDG paiigtingin ang pagtugis sa mga Most Wanted Persons
- NAIA toilets, airconditioning being improved
- Australian gov’t-funded program turns over 24 newly-rehabilitated classrooms in Sulu
- DepEd Learners’ Information System, information for greater access to education