A November 17, 2010, press release prepared by the Department of Foreign Affairs
17 November 2010 – The Philippine Embassy in Malaysia organized an “In-House Workshop on the Issue of Human Trafficking” for Embassy personnel and members of the ALC-Philippines at the Embassy premises on October 21.
The event was held in coordination with the ASEAN Ladies’ Circle (ALC)-Philippines in Kuala Lumpur,
Visayan Forum Foundation, Inc. president and executive director Ma. Cecilia Flores-Oebanda, and Wadah Foundation International founder Anie Hashim Djojohadikusumo were the resource speakers during the gathering.
They shared valuable information on their respective organizations’ experiences in advocating awareness on human trafficking and in helping the victims of this illegal trade, which has now become a pressing global concern.
Philippine Ambassador Victoriano M. Lecaros and Second Secretary and Consul Melchor P. Lalunio Jr., also shared the Embassy’s front-line services and experiences in combating human trafficking in Malaysia.
The gathering was an opportunity to learn from two different perspectives– that of the Philippine Government and of NGO’s. END
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
2330 Roxas Blvd., Pasay City, Philippines
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Video: Alternative routes while Metro Manila Skyway Project (Stage 3) is being constructed
- Mahahalagang punto: Press briefing ni Kalihim Dinky Soliman, ika-15 ng Setyembre 2014
- Advancements toward open data legislation
- DPWH undertakes immediate clearing on Typhoon Luis affected infrastructure
- NGO builds lofts in DSWD core shelters for Sendong survivors
- DOLE’s POLO in Lebanon repatriates 29 distressed OFWs