November 19, 2010 press release by the Office of the Presidential Spokesperson
The Laguna Lake Rehabilitation Project stays canceled, despite pronouncements from Laguna Lake Development Authority General Manager Rodrigo Cabrera that the deal is under review, Malacañang said today.
Newspaper reports yesterday indicated that Cabrera, speaking before Laguna fisherfolk on Thursday, said that “[The project is] not totally shelved, but he just wants to make some revisions to put in some more components.”
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda, however, refuted Cabrera’s statements. “Nakausap ko po si Pangulong Aquino. Malinaw pong hindi pa nagbabago ang pananaw niya ukol sa deal na ito. Kanselado na po ito. (I spoke to President Aquino. It is clear that his views on this deal have not changed. It has already been canceled),” Lacierda said.
“Inatasan na rin po ni Pangulo si Executive Secretary Ochoa na ipatawag si General Manager Cabrera upang ipaliwanag ang mga sinabi niya. (The President has also already instructed Executive Secretary Ochoa to invite General Manager Cabrera to explain his statements),” Lacierda added.
The Laguna Lake Rehabilitation Project was used as one of the examples in President Aquino’s 100 days speech, wherein he expressed his reservations about the project. The project was later scrapped.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- Secretary Deles: Bangsamoro Basic Law to respect IP rights
- DOE supports the 2014 National Science and Technology Week
- DFA Statement: On Libya repatriation
- DOLE: Focused and comprehensive reintegration services await returning OFWs
- DOE Supports the 2014 National Science and Technology Week
- Agri-chief urges local hog producers to prep for the ASEAN free trade
- President Aquino advances 2015 Budget for inclusive growth
- Salient Points: 2015 Budget Message of President Aquino
- Kasambahay contract now available in 12 different local languages
- UNICEF’s unconditional cash grants to benefit Pantawid Pamilya families in E. Visayas
- DOLE’s PRC reschedules licensure examinations for teachers, physicians, and sanitary engineers
- Roxas secures freedom of 4 cops from NPA