November 19, 2010 press release by the Office of the Presidential Spokesperson
The Laguna Lake Rehabilitation Project stays canceled, despite pronouncements from Laguna Lake Development Authority General Manager Rodrigo Cabrera that the deal is under review, Malacañang said today.
Newspaper reports yesterday indicated that Cabrera, speaking before Laguna fisherfolk on Thursday, said that “[The project is] not totally shelved, but he just wants to make some revisions to put in some more components.”
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda, however, refuted Cabrera’s statements. “Nakausap ko po si Pangulong Aquino. Malinaw pong hindi pa nagbabago ang pananaw niya ukol sa deal na ito. Kanselado na po ito. (I spoke to President Aquino. It is clear that his views on this deal have not changed. It has already been canceled),” Lacierda said.
“Inatasan na rin po ni Pangulo si Executive Secretary Ochoa na ipatawag si General Manager Cabrera upang ipaliwanag ang mga sinabi niya. (The President has also already instructed Executive Secretary Ochoa to invite General Manager Cabrera to explain his statements),” Lacierda added.
The Laguna Lake Rehabilitation Project was used as one of the examples in President Aquino’s 100 days speech, wherein he expressed his reservations about the project. The project was later scrapped.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DOE intensifies campaign on petroleum product safety
- Mindanao Business Conference opens, focuses on preps for ASEAN market
- Valenzuela City opens new, state-of-the-art Mathematics and Science public school
- DOE leads the creation of regional energy development plans in PH
- Statement: GPH Peace Panel Chair Coronel-Ferrer on the 11th National Peace Consciousness Month
- President Aquino leads nationwide measles/polio immunization campaign