Office of the President
of the Philippines
MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 13
ENJOINING ALL OFFICIALS AND EMPLOYEES IN ALL DEPARTMENTS, AGENCIES AND INSTRUMENTALITIES OF THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT, INCLUDING GOVERNMENT-OWNED AND CONTROLLED CORPORATIONS, AS WELL AS LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS TO ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE IN THE OBSERVANCE OF THE 25TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE EDSA PEOPLE POWER REVOLUTION OF 1986
On 22-25 February 1986, the EDSA People Power Revolution restored democratic institutions and ushered in meaningful political, social, and economic reforms in the country. It was a moment in our history when millions of Filipinios bravely united for democratic reforms through peaceful means which earned our country the respect and admiration of the world.
Relative thereto, this year’s celebration will bear the theme “EDSA 25: PILIPINO AKO. AKO ANG LAKAS NG PAGBABAGO,” to be spearheaded by the EDSA People Power Commission (EPPC). Pursuant to Executive Order No. 82, series of 1999, as amended by Executive Order No. 17, series of 2010, the EPPC is mandated to initiate activities that will expand awareness of the principles and values that the EDSA People Power Revolution stands for, and to plan, organize and implement the yearly commemoration of the EDSA People Power Revolution every 25th of February.
In this connection, all departments, agencies and instrumentalities of the National Government, including government-owned and controlled corporations as well as local government units are hereby enjoined to participate in the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the EDSA People Power Revolution through the following activities:
- Active participation in all activities and events, from 17 to 27 February 2011, organized by the EPPC and non-government organizations;
- Assistance in the programs and activities planned by the EPPC to ensure effective implementation and execution thereof;
- Conduct of related activities (fora, lectures, film showing, tree planting, and other similar activities);
- Display of “EDSA 25: PILIPINO AKO. AKO ANG LAKAS NG PAGBABAGO” banners and/or tarpaulins in all government offices as well as putting up of yellow buntings and/or flags; and,
- Undertake close coordination with the EPPC as regards the programs and activities for the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the EDSA People Power Revolution
This Memorandum Circular shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Manila, this 4th day of February, in the year of Our Lord, Two Thousand and Eleven.
By authority of the President:
(Sgd.) PAQUITO N. OCHOA, JR.