A May 4, 2011 advisory / press release by the Department of Foreign Affairs
The Department of Foreign Affairs-Office of Consular Affairs (DFA-OCA) wishes to inform the public that measures have been put in place to address the delay in the processing and releasing of passports which are caused by the recent unprecedented increase in passport applications and other technical concerns.
The DFA will extend up to one year the validity of the current expiring passports of applicants who have urgent travel. The extension will be free of charge while the applicants are waiting for the release of their new electronic passports (ePassports).
Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) and applicants who need their passports on emergency circumstances (e.g., medical concerns, death in the immediate family) are advised to go to the Passport Director’s Office, for assistance. The Passport Director’s Office is located at the ground floor of the DFA-OCA at the Aseana Business Park along Macapagal Avenue.
Also, the DFA-OCA has extended its work hours, and opened its services on Saturdays. Passport processing services is now available until 8:00 p.m. on weekdays and from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
The DFA advises the public to file for their passport applications at least 12 weeks before their intended date of travel.
The DFA is exerting all efforts and is committed to resolve the delays at the soonest possible time, and requests the public’s patience and understanding, particularly those who applied at its Regional Consular Offices (RCOs).
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Statement: DSWD on the lowering of the minimum age of criminal responsibility
- Statement: DepEd on the shooting incident at PNHS
- Budget reforms highlighted in good governance meet
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the dismissal of the impeachment cases against the President
- Statement: The Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on the draft Bangsamoro Basic Law
- Future of Philippine agriculture: DA’s farm mechanization program gives rise to innovative technologies