After lung cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer for men. According to the National Kidney and Transplant Institute, prostate cancer develops in 19.3 out of every 100,000 Filipinos. The DOH has already recognized this alarming nuber and declared June of every year as “Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.”
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Statement: Presidential Spokesperson Lacierda on the week of November 23-27, 2015
- Open letter to Congress from the GPH and MILF peace panels
- PAGCOR gives back during the holidays
- Weekend road reblocking along EDSA and C-5
- Make car checkup and maintenance a habit
- PH to receive disaster response support from Australia