After lung cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer for men. According to the National Kidney and Transplant Institute, prostate cancer develops in 19.3 out of every 100,000 Filipinos. The DOH has already recognized this alarming nuber and declared June of every year as “Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.”
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Mindanao guvs back Bangsamoro Basic Law, call for improvement of draft law
- Statement: GPH Peace Panel Chair Ferrer on the armed encounter in Maguindanao
- OPAPP welcomes support of bishops for Bangsamoro autonomy
- DSWD continues to assist street families who joined the camping in Batangas
- Commission on Audit’s “Celebrating the CPA”
- DSWD to award top LGU data users