After lung cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer for men. According to the National Kidney and Transplant Institute, prostate cancer develops in 19.3 out of every 100,000 Filipinos. The DOH has already recognized this alarming nuber and declared June of every year as “Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.”
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- At the 2014 Search for Outstanding Volunteers: Solidarity and selflessness ablaze through volunteerism
- DOTC year in review
- DOLE prepares for APEC 2015 human resource development meet
- VIDEO: Celebration of the 79th AFP Day
- Statement: Secretary Balisacan during the 2014 Year-end Media Briefing
- 33,000 DSWD-identified poor fisherfolk to get livelihood aid