After lung cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer for men. According to the National Kidney and Transplant Institute, prostate cancer develops in 19.3 out of every 100,000 Filipinos. The DOH has already recognized this alarming nuber and declared June of every year as “Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.”
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DILG chief, PNP unveil data-driven fight against crime
- Manila Water sees bright prospects in Myanmar’s water industry
- The road towards mutually inclusive growth: DSWD’s Sustainable Livelihood Program
- Works on multimillion bridge in Surigao del Sur nearing completion
- Situation report on monitoring Mayon Volcano as of November 28, 2014, 8:00 a.m.
- PHLPost releases CJ Teehankee stamps to mark 25th death anniversary