After lung cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer for men. According to the National Kidney and Transplant Institute, prostate cancer develops in 19.3 out of every 100,000 Filipinos. The DOH has already recognized this alarming nuber and declared June of every year as “Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.”
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Taxi, airport taxi flag-down rates reduced by P10
- Davao LGUs to be hailed for rice production achievements
- APEC finance and central bank deputies seek to boost region’s financial resiliency, infrastructure development
- DILG: Pagbuo ng fire inspection plan krusyal sa pag-iwas sa sunog
- PCW message on the 2015 National Women’s Month Celebration
- Bohol is first province to roll out JobStart