A September 30, 2011 press release from the Department of Budget and Management
Abad: government on track for rice self-sufficiency by 2013
The Department of Budget and Management has recently released P534.3 million for the implementation of On-Farm and Postharvest Rice Mechanization Program under the Department of Agriculture’s (DA) National Rice Program.
Budget and Management Secretary Florencio B. Abad said the P534.3 million, released to DA-Regional Field Units (see table below), supports the Aquino administration’s goal of achieving rice self-sufficiency by 2013. The funds will be used for the purchase of hand tractors, seed cleaners, threshers, flatbed dryers and rice mill.
The release is also allotted to fund the conduct of site validation and screening of recipients, assistance on the testing and evaluation of on-farm and postharvest rice equipment, including the conduct of its review. The biggest allocation will go to Region III with P83.6 million followed by Region VI with P66.4 million, and Region II with P62.1 million.
“To make the country rice self-sufficient, the government is pursuing means to maximize the harvest of every farmer through post-harvest technologies that reduce wastage. This will ultimately lead to more incomes for our farmers,” he said
“The National Rice Program of the government is in line with the Aquino Administration’s Social Contract commitment to reduce poverty and ensure rapid, inclusive and sustained economic growth, especially for those living in the countryside,” he said.
Under the National Rice Program, farmers are provided with quality seeds, irrigation, credit and marketing assistance to improve farm productivity and profitability. The total budget for the National Rice Program for 2011 is P5.217 billion.
RELEASE OF FUNDING FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF NATIONAL RICE PROGRAM
|Regional Field Unit CAR||
|Regional Field Unit I||
|Regional Field Unit II||
|Regional Field Unit III||
|Regional Field Unit IV||
|Regional Field Unit V||
|Regional Field Unit VI||
|Regional Field Unit VII||
|Regional Field Unit VIII||
|Regional Field Unit IX||
|Regional Field Unit X||
|Regional Field Unit XI||
|Regional Field Unit XII||
|Regional Field Unit XIII||
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- Secretary Deles: Bangsamoro Basic Law to respect IP rights
- DOE supports the 2014 National Science and Technology Week
- DFA Statement: On Libya repatriation
- DOLE: Focused and comprehensive reintegration services await returning OFWs
- DOE Supports the 2014 National Science and Technology Week
- Agri-chief urges local hog producers to prep for the ASEAN free trade
- President Aquino advances 2015 Budget for inclusive growth
- Salient Points: 2015 Budget Message of President Aquino
- Kasambahay contract now available in 12 different local languages
- UNICEF’s unconditional cash grants to benefit Pantawid Pamilya families in E. Visayas
- DOLE’s PRC reschedules licensure examinations for teachers, physicians, and sanitary engineers
- Roxas secures freedom of 4 cops from NPA