A November 1, 2011 advisory from the Department of Education
The Department of Education reiterates that this year’s semestral break for students and teachers is from October 26 to November 2, Wednesday. Regular classes in all public elementary and secondary schools will resume on November 3, Thursday, as stated in the official calendar of activities for the school year 2011-2012. The calendar, duly signed by Education Secretary Armin Luistro, is stipulated in DepEd Order no. 28 series of 2011 released last March 22, 2011.
It is compulsory for all public elementary and secondary schools to follow the official calendar. Private schools may opt to deviate from the calendar, however, they are required to comply with the 180 teaching-learning days.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Video set: Typhoon Ruby in Eastern Visayas
- Government expands tax exemptions on de minimis benefits
- Infographic: The Philippines 2014, in brief
- 11,860 small and medium enterprises with 26,320 workers benefit from DOLE productivity training
- DOLE Christmas holidays pay rules
- DOLE: 2014 employment better; 2015 outlook encouraging