A November 1, 2011 advisory from the Department of Education
The Department of Education reiterates that this year’s semestral break for students and teachers is from October 26 to November 2, Wednesday. Regular classes in all public elementary and secondary schools will resume on November 3, Thursday, as stated in the official calendar of activities for the school year 2011-2012. The calendar, duly signed by Education Secretary Armin Luistro, is stipulated in DepEd Order no. 28 series of 2011 released last March 22, 2011.
It is compulsory for all public elementary and secondary schools to follow the official calendar. Private schools may opt to deviate from the calendar, however, they are required to comply with the 180 teaching-learning days.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DA photo release: Veggie for kids
- DOH: Research Institute for Tropical Medicine ready for Ebola
- DPWH to utilize traffic app for road work announcements
- Situation Report on Mayon as of October 21, 2014 (8:00 a.m.)
- PCW, OPAPP issue new policy document in addressing women’s concerns in conflict, post-conflict areas
- Lessons from ADB: Mobilizing Multi-Stakeholder Action for Reform