PAGASA Weather Advisory for January 2 to 9, 2012
[Released on January 2, 2012]
January 2: Light to moderate rains is expected in the Visayas, northern Mindanao (Surigao-Misamis Oriental strip), and Zamboanga peninsula during daytime.
January 3: Bicol and Visayas will experience light to moderate rains. Approaching rain will come from the offshore area, south-southeast of Mindanao.
January 4: Light to moderate rains in Bicol, Samar-Leyte, and eastern Mindanao
January 5: Heavy rains in eastern Mindanao encompassing Surigao provinces—Compostela Valley—Davao Oriental, Pujada Peninsula area
January 6: Heavy rains in the Saranggani, Sultan Kudarat, and South Cotabato areas; Bicol-Palawan strip light to moderate rains
January 7: Light to moderate rains in Bicol and Visayas
January 8: Eastern Mindanao will receive moderate to heavy rains.
January 9: Surigao will experience heavy rains.
1. The confidence level for the January 2 to 4 weather forecasts is high. As in any numerical model, the chance of changes in the weather forecasts for January 4 to 9 is possible.
2. Most of the areas mentioned above are water saturated. Landslide, flashfloods, and floods are distinct possibilities, especially in Mindanao;
3. The eastern seaboard of the Philippines is given special monitoring. Because of the effects of La Niña, the eastern seaboard may receive more rains than the normal average;
4. The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council-Office of Civil Defense [NDRRMC-OCD] will coordinate with the local government units [LGUs] to review the geohazard maps to ensure the consistency of reference.
5. For more information visit weather.gov.ph.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- Paggugol na Matuwid 2015: Nag-uugat sa badyet ang lahat ng reporma
- DOLE: OFWs in Libya can leave even without exit visas
- Statement: DFA on the PH proposal “Triple Action Plan”
- PH joins Yokohama Sparkling Twilight 2014
- PH featured in 2 popular Korean TV networks
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction considers PH a “competitive location for investors”
- DOH: Philippines is still Ebola-free
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the 5th death anniversary of President Corazon C. Aquino
- Overeseas Voter Registration Center is open at the Commission on Filipinos Overseas
- DFA Tacloban resumes operations, extends passport releasing to September 30, 2014
- DOH-MIMAROPA prioritizes health programs for PWD in the region
- Statement: Secretary Roxas on the capture of Said Giad alias “Maestro”