PAGASA Weather Advisory for January 2 to 9, 2012
[Released on January 2, 2012]
January 2: Light to moderate rains is expected in the Visayas, northern Mindanao (Surigao-Misamis Oriental strip), and Zamboanga peninsula during daytime.
January 3: Bicol and Visayas will experience light to moderate rains. Approaching rain will come from the offshore area, south-southeast of Mindanao.
January 4: Light to moderate rains in Bicol, Samar-Leyte, and eastern Mindanao
January 5: Heavy rains in eastern Mindanao encompassing Surigao provinces—Compostela Valley—Davao Oriental, Pujada Peninsula area
January 6: Heavy rains in the Saranggani, Sultan Kudarat, and South Cotabato areas; Bicol-Palawan strip light to moderate rains
January 7: Light to moderate rains in Bicol and Visayas
January 8: Eastern Mindanao will receive moderate to heavy rains.
January 9: Surigao will experience heavy rains.
1. The confidence level for the January 2 to 4 weather forecasts is high. As in any numerical model, the chance of changes in the weather forecasts for January 4 to 9 is possible.
2. Most of the areas mentioned above are water saturated. Landslide, flashfloods, and floods are distinct possibilities, especially in Mindanao;
3. The eastern seaboard of the Philippines is given special monitoring. Because of the effects of La Niña, the eastern seaboard may receive more rains than the normal average;
4. The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council-Office of Civil Defense [NDRRMC-OCD] will coordinate with the local government units [LGUs] to review the geohazard maps to ensure the consistency of reference.
5. For more information visit weather.gov.ph.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- All Filipinos in Yemen urged to leave
- DILG: Mga pamilya ng nasawing 44 SAF members sa Maguindanao hindi tatalikuran ng pamahalaan
- NEDA gears up for 1st APEC Senior Officials’ Meeting, leads group on services
- Gov’t, MILF negotiators to meet in KL on decommissioning Moro group’s arms and forces
- Statement: The Chairperson on Human Rights on the violent incident in Mamasapano
- DILG sinigurong may mananagot sa pagkamatay ng mga SAF members sa Maguindanao