A March 14, 2012 press release from the Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office
In line with the Aquino administration’s goal to encourage the private sector to help in governance, a partnership was created yesterday to give the public access to thousands of Philippine legal and government documents through the Official Gazette website (www.gov.ph).
Officials of CD Technologies Asia (CD Asia) and of the Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office (PCDSPO), led by Secretary Ramon Carandang, signed a memorandum of agreement that will accelerate the Aquino administration’s plan to establish the Official Gazette website as the official government online portal and archive for government issuances. [More photos of the signing here.]
PCDSPO, Malacañang’s messaging and strategic research arm, is tasked to be the custodian of the institutional memory of the Office of the President. Meanwhile, CD Asia, publisher of the electronic Lex Libris series and the Philippine Legal Encyclopedia Series, is taking part in this groundbreaking effort to raise the Official Gazette to international standards.
The historic partnership allows for an information-sharing system between CD Asia and PCDSPO, in which CD Asia shares with the Official Gazette selected Executive Issuances, Congressional enactments, and Supreme Court decisions it has amassed. In return, the Official Gazette will share source documents, as well as recently signed documents, with CD Asia. The result of this effort will be greater accessibility for citizens of our laws through the Internet.
In a speech delivered in New York last September, President Benigno S. Aquino III announced that the Official Gazette would be the government portal. Delivered during the “Power of Open: A Global Discussion“ organized by Google, President Aquino said, “On the principle that legislations and other regulations must be freely accessible to all, it is working to make over a century’s worth of legislation and executive issuances feely available to the public.” This agreement is a significant step in this direction.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Message and Press Conference Of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte During The Welcoming Of Repatriated Overseas Filipino Workers From Al Khobar, Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
- Press Conference of Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella (August 30, 2016)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 29, 2016 at Malacañan)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte after the wake visit to PO1 Gary Cabaguing (August 29, 2016 at Bajada, Davao City)
- Press Conference by Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella (August 26, 2016)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 25, 2016 at Poblacion District, Davao City)