Below is the list of nationwide regular holidays and special non-working days for the year 2012.
All items refer to Proclamation No. 295, s. 2011, unless so specified. This list will be updated upon the signing of relevant proclamations.
(Click here for a guide to the different pay rules for regular holidays and special non-working days.)
(Click here for the 2013 holidays.)
January 1, Sunday – New Year’s Day (regular holiday) January 23, Monday – Chinese New Year February 25, Saturday – EDSA Revolution Anniversary (special holiday) April 5 – Maundy Thursday (regular holiday) April 6 – Good Friday (regular holiday) April 7 – Black Saturday (special non-working day, as per Proclamation No. 360, s. 2012) April 9, Monday – Araw ng Kagitingan (regular holiday) May 1, Tuesday – Labor Day (regular holiday) June 12, Tuesday – Independence Day (regular holiday) August 20, Monday – Eid’l Fitr (regular holiday as per Proclamation No. 455, s. 2012) August 21, Tuesday – Ninoy Aquino Day (special non-working day) August 27, Monday – National Heroes Day (regular holiday) October 26, Friday – Eidul Adha (regular holiday by virtue of Proclamation No. 488, s. 2012) November 1, Thursday – All Saints Day (special non-working day) November 2, Friday – (Additional special non-working day) November 30, Friday – Bonifacio Day (regular holiday) December 24, Monday – (special non-working day by virtue of Proclamation 361, s. 2012) December 25, Tuesday – Christmas Day (regular holiday) December 30, Sunday – Rizal Day (regular holiday)
December 31, Monday – Last Day of the Year (special non-working day)
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DPWH-NCR to undertake reblocking and road repair in QC, Pasig, Caloocan on May 22-25
- PDIC advises borrowers of Community Rural Bank of Magsaysay (Davao del Sur) to pay their obligations
- DOJ sets preliminary investigation on estafa, criminal charges vs. LBC Bank stockholders and former officers on May 29
- DPWH now ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Additional importation of 250,000 MT of rice in preparation for the lean months
- DILG chief lauds fellow public servants for providing ‘Daang Matuwid’ services