Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda:
On the passing of Angelo Castro Jr.
[April 5, 2012]
We mourn the passing of Angelo Castro Jr. For many years he was a calm and reassuring presence in the late evening news. His passing marks the closing of an era of gentlemanly broadcasting, where erudition and dignity were the hallmarks of news and current affairs.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Statement: Presidential Spokesperson Lacierda on the week of November 23-27, 2015
- Open letter to Congress from the GPH and MILF peace panels
- PH to participate in historic climate change forums
- PAGCOR gives back during the holidays
- Weekend road reblocking along EDSA and C-5
- Make car checkup and maintenance a habit