Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda:
On the passing of Angelo Castro Jr.
[April 5, 2012]
We mourn the passing of Angelo Castro Jr. For many years he was a calm and reassuring presence in the late evening news. His passing marks the closing of an era of gentlemanly broadcasting, where erudition and dignity were the hallmarks of news and current affairs.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the week of April 20-24, 2015
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the President’s state visit to Canada
- In Region 1, close to 15,000 job vacancies await jobseekers at Labor Day job fairs
- Ferrer calls for end to discrimination against Muslims, women in PH during Clinton awards
- Filipina household service worker turned photographer speaks at TEDx Hong Kong 2015
- DILG to open New Market, Day Care Center, Water System in Albay