Statement of Secretary of Finance Cesar V. Purisima:
On the new World Bank president, Dr. Jim Yong Kim
[April 18, 2012]
We congratulate Dr. Jim Yong Kim for his election as the new president of World Bank. The Philippines assures Dr. Kim of its continued support to the multilateral agency under his leadership as the Bank moves to ensure that sustainable and inclusive growth is experienced across all nations.
We are eager to work with Dr. Kim, a development expert and an anthropologist, on strengthening the Bank’s initiatives toward uplifting people’s lives—a mission that Dr. Kim has lived throughout his work in international development.
The Philippines and the World Bank group have already achieved significant milestones in eradicating poverty, strengthening governance, and boosting economic growth. We hope to further deepen this partnership with the Bank under Dr. Kim’s leadership.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DA photo release: Veggie for kids
- DOH: Research Institute for Tropical Medicine ready for Ebola
- DPWH to utilize traffic app for road work announcements
- Situation Report on Mayon as of October 21, 2014 (8:00 a.m.)
- PCW, OPAPP issue new policy document in addressing women’s concerns in conflict, post-conflict areas
- Lessons from ADB: Mobilizing Multi-Stakeholder Action for Reform