An April 20, 2012 press release from the Department of Social Welfare and Development
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is calling on interested students, college graduates and graduates of vocational courses, to apply for summer jobs under the Expanded Government Internship Program (GIP). The GIP is also open for out-of-school youths who would want to take part in nation-building.
The DSWD said that the Expanded Government Internship Program is part of the Aquino administration’s efforts to strengthen youth participation in nation-building, expose them to government service, train them on life skills, and contribute to their economic well-being.
Interested applicants, aged 18 to 30 years old, can go to the nearest DSWD office nationwide to submit their applications together with a photocopy of their birth certificates.
Under the program, qualified applicants may start work immediately and has to complete 52 days of work. This means applicants may not start at the same time as long as they can complete the 52 days.
The qualified applicants can be assigned in the central office, or in the various field offices including centers/institutions. Interns will be asked to perform not only actual office work but also assist in the implementation of the numerous DSWD programs and projects. They may also do direct service through fieldwork in communities where DSWD programs and projects are implemented in partnership with local government units.
The interns admitted into the program shall be provided with stipend commensurate to the applicable minimum wage in the region.
The DSWD will be hiring 90,865 youths nationwide with a budget allocation of more than P1.3 billion.
The DSWD still continues to implement the regular Government Internship Program for 2012 with a budget allocation of P1.8 million for the stipend of 340 youths nationwide.
The expansion of the program will allow the DSWD to reach out to more youths.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- [English] Benigno S. Aquino III, fifth State of the Nation Address, July 28, 2014
- BIR reminds importers and customs brokers of July 31 accreditation deadline
- DOE updates on power restoration after Typhoon Glenda as of July 25, 2014
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of July 21-25, 2014
- Decorated general assumes office as government ceasefire chief
- DepEd is committed to enhancing the quality of basic education
- DILG to relocate informal settlers to safer communities
- DOH recognizes Typhoon Yolanda heroes
- POEA allows exemptions for OFW’s returning to Libya under certain skills
- General Government debt improves to 39.2% of GDP as of end-2013
- Bureau of Customs opens over 1,000 job vacancies
- DOLE lists local job vacancies for OFW repatriates from crisis-stricken countries