A May 10, 2012 press release from the Department of Public Works and Highways
Secretary Rogelio L. Singson has reiterated the strict enforcement of his previous order on the proper installation of required project billboards in all public works projects as part of the Department of Public Works and Highways’ (DPWH) transparency efforts.
“I noticed that up to now, some project billboards are not properly installed, and some of our projects still do not have the required project billboards with the standard size of 4 ft × 8 ft; that is why I have directed all DPWH regional directors, project directors, and district engineers to see to it that ongoing projects within their area of jurisdiction should have the required project billboards,” Secretary Singson said.
Secretary Singson also said that no political billboards shall be allowed to be installed 100 meters before and after all DPWH projects, and in between the project limits or within the road right-of-way. In addition, DPWH contractors shall not be allowed to place names or pictures of politicians on their equipment or carry political billboard on their equipment; otherwise, these contractors shall also be held accountable.
Secretary Singson further added that these project billboards are very important because they provide information on the name of the contractor, project start date, contract completion date, contract cost, name of consultant for foreign-assisted projects, the DPWH implementing office, and the project’s funding source.
“Some ongoing projects have installed project billboards but with incomplete information,” Secretary Singson said.
He also directed the presence of “flagmen” 24/7 to manage the traffic along these ongoing projects, especially along the heavily traveled major roads.
Secretary Singson enjoins the public to monitor public works projects and report defects or wrongdoings during project construction through the telephone numbers provided in the project billboards or through the DPWH 24/7 hotline 165-02.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- Paggugol na Matuwid 2015: Nag-uugat sa badyet ang lahat ng reporma
- DOLE: OFWs in Libya can leave even without exit visas
- Statement: DFA on the PH proposal “Triple Action Plan”
- PH joins Yokohama Sparkling Twilight 2014
- PH featured in 2 popular Korean TV networks
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction considers PH a “competitive location for investors”
- DOH: Philippines is still Ebola-free
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the 5th death anniversary of President Corazon C. Aquino
- Overeseas Voter Registration Center is open at the Commission on Filipinos Overseas
- DFA Tacloban resumes operations, extends passport releasing to September 30, 2014
- DOH-MIMAROPA prioritizes health programs for PWD in the region
- Statement: Secretary Roxas on the capture of Said Giad alias “Maestro”