A June 11, 2012 press release from the Department of Education
In keeping with the goal of K to 12, the Department of Education (DepEd) will conduct a workshop for teachers to guide sports-oriented students in choosing sports as entry to careers or higher education.
The Special Program on Sports (SPS) seeks to broaden the range of opportunities for students. They would have a choice to pursue a college degree related to sports or enter jobs as community coaches, apprentices, or physical fitness instructors.
“By orienting our students and teachers with the different fields related to the Special Program on Sports, they will be fully equipped with knowledge and processes that can be readily applied to their future careers,” said Luistro.
The workshop will be divided into two concepts: options in the world of work and options in higher education. It will also feature discussions on sports ethics, sports marketing, and sports psychology.
Included in the training is a lecture that focuses on integrating the SPS curriculum standards to the K to 12 basic education program. It will also serve as an avenue for teachers to acquire new competencies in integrating sports in various aspects in school.
The training-workshop will be held on October 22-26, 2012 at the Teachers Camp in Baguio City. It will be participated in by regional sports supervisors, division sports coordinators, school heads and teachers of 17 SPS lead schools, heads and teachers of schools implementing SPS, and those interested in implementing the SPS program.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Over 80% of applicants passed preliminary screening for Customs posts
- An Extraordinary Response to a Different Kind of Ordinary: How the “New Normal” Killed “Hayahay”
- Cebu Bus Rapid Transit gets go signal
- Common LRTA passenger complaints
- Filipino community in Singapore celebrates key events in August
- PH government’s achievements highlighted at 3rd session of UNESCAP Committee on Social Development in Bangkok