A June 11, 2012 press release from the Department of Education
In keeping with the goal of K to 12, the Department of Education (DepEd) will conduct a workshop for teachers to guide sports-oriented students in choosing sports as entry to careers or higher education.
The Special Program on Sports (SPS) seeks to broaden the range of opportunities for students. They would have a choice to pursue a college degree related to sports or enter jobs as community coaches, apprentices, or physical fitness instructors.
“By orienting our students and teachers with the different fields related to the Special Program on Sports, they will be fully equipped with knowledge and processes that can be readily applied to their future careers,” said Luistro.
The workshop will be divided into two concepts: options in the world of work and options in higher education. It will also feature discussions on sports ethics, sports marketing, and sports psychology.
Included in the training is a lecture that focuses on integrating the SPS curriculum standards to the K to 12 basic education program. It will also serve as an avenue for teachers to acquire new competencies in integrating sports in various aspects in school.
The training-workshop will be held on October 22-26, 2012 at the Teachers Camp in Baguio City. It will be participated in by regional sports supervisors, division sports coordinators, school heads and teachers of 17 SPS lead schools, heads and teachers of schools implementing SPS, and those interested in implementing the SPS program.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- President Aquino advances 2015 Budget for inclusive growth
- Salient Points: 2015 Budget Message of President Aquino
- Kasambahay contract now available in 12 different local languages
- UNICEF’s unconditional cash grants to benefit Pantawid Pamilya families in E. Visayas
- Roxas secures freedom of 4 cops from NPA
- NPA to turn over four cops to DILG chief
- DOE chairs 2014 Consumer Welfare Month
- Statement: The Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on the release of PNP personnel
- Message of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on Eid’l Fitr
- Statement: The Secretary of Education on SONA 2014
- Statement: The Secretary of the Interior and Local Government on Janet Lim Napoles’ transfer to Bicutan
- BIR reminds importers and customs brokers of July 31 accreditation deadline