A July 24, 2012, press release from the Department of Education
The Department of education (DepEd) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) will conduct an assessment of on-going information communications technology for education (ICT4E) initiatives to better integrate ICT in the K to 12 Curriculum.
“We have to set up our ICT thrust as we gradually implement the K to 12 Basic Education Reform Program. As we all know, ICT plays a very important role in administrative functions as well as in the teaching and learning process,” Secretary of Education Br. Armin A. Luistro FSC said.
A project team coordinated by Foundation for Information Technology Education and Development (FITED) will visit selected regional and division offices, public schools, and alterative learning centers that have ICT projects. The Assessment components include an inventory of ICT4E projects, a survey on ICT utilization, and studies on relevant cases. The study will be from July to September this year.
Among the initiatives the assessment will include is the DepEd Computerization Program (DCP), which deploys computer packages to public elementary and high schools nationwide to support the teaching and learning process. To date, the program has covered 51 percent of elementary schools and 88 percent of high schools as of the beginning of school year 2011- 2012.
“The improvement of the design and implementation of initiatives such as the DCP, which have direct bearing to the overall reforms propounded by K to 12, is an important undertaking,” Luistro added.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Palace Strongly Reiterates Call For Ceasefire
- Press Conference Of PCO Secretary Martin Andanar, Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella And Socioeconomic Planning Secretary And Director General Of The National Economic And Development Authority Dr. Ernesto M. Pernia
- Press Conference of Sec. Andanar, Spokesperson Abella, Sec. Sueno and Commissioner Faeldon
- Press Conference of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 21, 2016)
- From The Office Of The Presidential Spokesperson On the UN executive to PH
- La Mesa Dam Alert #2