Statement of Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda:
On Proclamation No. 460, s. 2012, declaring National Days of Mourning over the passing of Secretary Jesse M. Robredo
[August 21, 2012]
Upon his return to Manila, President Benigno S. Aquino III signed Proclamation No. 460 s. 2012, which provides for the following:
1. August 21, until the day of the interment of the late Secretary Jesse M. Robredo are proclaimed National Days of Mourning.
2. As provided for by law, the national flag shall be lowered to half-mast from sunrise to sunset in all government buildings and installations in the Philippines and in our posts abroad, for a period of six days.
3. Furthermore, from today, August 21, 2012 until the date of internment, the national flag shall be lowered to half-mast in Malacañan Palace, the City of Naga, and in all offices and installations of the DILG, BFP, BJMP, LGA, NAPOLCOM, PNP and PPSC.
The Committee on Funeral Arrangements and Burial created by virtue of MC 36 s. 2012, shall issue bulletins through the Office of the Presidential Spokesperson, as arrangements are finalized in consultation with, and in accordance with the wishes of, the bereaved family of the late Secretary Jesse M. Robredo. This includes announcing when the six-day period of the national flag flying at half-mast nationwide will commence.
Let us allow the Robredo family time to grieve; let us refrain from engaging in any effort to pressure them as to any details concerning the funeral and accompanying ceremonies. These will be announced at the proper time.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- PH joins Yokohama Sparkling Twilight 2014
- PH featured in 2 popular Korean TV networks
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction considers PH a “competitive location for investors”
- DOH: Philippines is still Ebola-free
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the 5th death anniversary of President Corazon C. Aquino
- Overeseas Voter Registration Center is open at the Commission on Filipinos Overseas
- DFA Tacloban resumes operations, extends passport releasing to September 30, 2014
- DOH-MIMAROPA prioritizes health programs for PWD in the region
- Statement: Secretary Roxas on the capture of Said Giad alias “Maestro”
- CSC supports review of Code of Conduct for State Workers
- DA Photo Release: Rebuilding efforts continue
- DBM: DAP did not deprive government employees their salaries, bonuses