Statement of Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda:
On Proclamation No. 460, s. 2012, declaring National Days of Mourning over the passing of Secretary Jesse M. Robredo
[August 21, 2012]
Upon his return to Manila, President Benigno S. Aquino III signed Proclamation No. 460 s. 2012, which provides for the following:
1. August 21, until the day of the interment of the late Secretary Jesse M. Robredo are proclaimed National Days of Mourning.
2. As provided for by law, the national flag shall be lowered to half-mast from sunrise to sunset in all government buildings and installations in the Philippines and in our posts abroad, for a period of six days.
3. Furthermore, from today, August 21, 2012 until the date of internment, the national flag shall be lowered to half-mast in Malacañan Palace, the City of Naga, and in all offices and installations of the DILG, BFP, BJMP, LGA, NAPOLCOM, PNP and PPSC.
The Committee on Funeral Arrangements and Burial created by virtue of MC 36 s. 2012, shall issue bulletins through the Office of the Presidential Spokesperson, as arrangements are finalized in consultation with, and in accordance with the wishes of, the bereaved family of the late Secretary Jesse M. Robredo. This includes announcing when the six-day period of the national flag flying at half-mast nationwide will commence.
Let us allow the Robredo family time to grieve; let us refrain from engaging in any effort to pressure them as to any details concerning the funeral and accompanying ceremonies. These will be announced at the proper time.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Balisacan visits eight Typhoon Yolanda rehab projects in Leyte
- Government brings down Matiases
- The Philippines’ strong fiscal position decoupled from Greek fallout
- Public advisory: Be wary of DOF poseurs
- Establishments willing to correct lack of safety and health measures
- No Mindanaoan will be left behind