A September 19, 2012, press release from the Department of Foreign Affairs
Quick and convenient passport application services are now a stone’s throw away from our kababayans who are looking for employment prospects at the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration’s (POEA’s) Office as the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) opens its newest mall-based consular office at Robinsons Galleria today, September 19.
Dubbed as the DFA’s Central National Capital Region Office or DFA NCR-Central, the new facility is again a result of the DFA’s Public-Private Partnership (PPP) agreement, this time with Robinsons Land Corporation.
The office’s formal inauguration was led by Undersecretary of Foreign Affairs Rafael Seguis together with Quezon City Administrator Victor Endriga, representing Mayor Herbert Bautista, and Robinsons Land President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) Frederick Go.
The event was also attended by other Quezon City Government, DFA, and Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) officials.
The facility, which had its soft opening yesterday, September 18, is the DFA’s sixth mall-based consular office. It is expected to cater to some 500 passport applicants daily once it becomes fully-operational on September 24.
Secretary Del Rosario called the opening of the Robinsons Galleria office as another milestone in the DFA’s continuing effort to provide world-class services to the public especially overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).
Last week, the DFA opened its first mall-based consular office in Mindanao at SM City Davao. Similar facilities are due to be opened in various cities around the country in the next few months.
The Robinsons Galleria office is open Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for both processing and releasing of passports and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., for passport releasing.
It is headed by its Officer-in-Charge, Remen Q. Austria.
For questions and comments, please call (02) 631-0806.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- DBM: DAP did not deprive government employees their salaries, bonuses
- DepEd, NHA turn over 1,000 new classrooms to regions III, IV, NCR
- DOLE augments contingency team to assist in repatriation of OFWs from Libya
- DOH statement on the nation’s health
- Secretary Deles: Bangsamoro Basic Law to respect IP rights
- DOE supports the 2014 National Science and Technology Week
- DFA Statement: On Libya repatriation
- DOLE: Focused and comprehensive reintegration services await returning OFWs
- Agri-chief urges local hog producers to prep for the ASEAN free trade
- President Aquino advances 2015 Budget for inclusive growth
- Salient Points: 2015 Budget Message of President Aquino
- Kasambahay contract now available in 12 different local languages