A November 12, 2012, press release from the Department of Foreign Affairs
The Honorable Jesus I. Yabes assumed his post as the new Undersecretary for Migrant Workers’ Affairs of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) last November 5.
Undersecretary Yabes replaces Ambassador Esteban B. Conejos who was appointed as the country’s Permanent Representative to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva, Switzerland.
Before assuming his current position, Undersecretary Yabes served as Philippine Ambassador to Pakistan with concurrent jurisdiction over Afghanistan, and the former Soviet republics of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan.
He was also the country’s Ambassador to Singapore from 1999 and 2002 and held various other positions in Philippine diplomatic and consular missions in Shanghai, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, and various DFA offices.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Intergov’t body to ensure smooth relations between central and Bangsamoro governments
- PH Embassy hosts launch of Moscow-Cebu charter flights
- In Metro Manila, DOLE awards P1M to 125 parents to keep their children away from child work
- OPAPP: Bangsamoro police to follow regular hiring process
- DPWH gears up ahead of All Saints’ Day
- Good Governance Forum touches down in CDO