A November 12, 2012, press release from the Department of Foreign Affairs
The Honorable Jesus I. Yabes assumed his post as the new Undersecretary for Migrant Workers’ Affairs of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) last November 5.
Undersecretary Yabes replaces Ambassador Esteban B. Conejos who was appointed as the country’s Permanent Representative to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva, Switzerland.
Before assuming his current position, Undersecretary Yabes served as Philippine Ambassador to Pakistan with concurrent jurisdiction over Afghanistan, and the former Soviet republics of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan.
He was also the country’s Ambassador to Singapore from 1999 and 2002 and held various other positions in Philippine diplomatic and consular missions in Shanghai, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, and various DFA offices.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- For the Record: Presidential Spokesperson clarifies a response he gave during his August 22 briefing
- 5th Progress Report: Millennium Development Goals
- Arrears Management Teams (AMTs) collect over P2 billion
- DILG: CIDG paiigtingin ang pagtugis sa mga Most Wanted Persons
- NAIA toilets, airconditioning being improved
- Australian gov’t-funded program turns over 24 newly-rehabilitated classrooms in Sulu