A November 12, 2012, press release from the Department of Foreign Affairs
The Honorable Jesus I. Yabes assumed his post as the new Undersecretary for Migrant Workers’ Affairs of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) last November 5.
Undersecretary Yabes replaces Ambassador Esteban B. Conejos who was appointed as the country’s Permanent Representative to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva, Switzerland.
Before assuming his current position, Undersecretary Yabes served as Philippine Ambassador to Pakistan with concurrent jurisdiction over Afghanistan, and the former Soviet republics of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan.
He was also the country’s Ambassador to Singapore from 1999 and 2002 and held various other positions in Philippine diplomatic and consular missions in Shanghai, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, and various DFA offices.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DOH infographic: Early symptoms of Ebola
- DOH infographic: What travelers should do upon returning from countries with Ebola
- DOH infographic: What OFWs/travelers should do in countries where Ebola has been reported
- Indigenous peoples to benefit under Bangsamoro Law
- Imports slide by 1.3 percent in August 2014
- DOLE reiterates pay rules on All Saints Day