A November 12, 2012, press release from the Department of Foreign Affairs
The Honorable Jesus I. Yabes assumed his post as the new Undersecretary for Migrant Workers’ Affairs of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) last November 5.
Undersecretary Yabes replaces Ambassador Esteban B. Conejos who was appointed as the country’s Permanent Representative to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva, Switzerland.
Before assuming his current position, Undersecretary Yabes served as Philippine Ambassador to Pakistan with concurrent jurisdiction over Afghanistan, and the former Soviet republics of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan.
He was also the country’s Ambassador to Singapore from 1999 and 2002 and held various other positions in Philippine diplomatic and consular missions in Shanghai, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, and various DFA offices.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- BIR reminds importers and customs brokers of July 31 accreditation deadline
- DOE updates on power restoration after Typhoon Glenda as of July 25, 2014
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of July 21-25, 2014
- Decorated general assumes office as government ceasefire chief
- DepEd is committed to enhancing the quality of basic education
- DILG to relocate informal settlers to safer communities
- DOH recognizes Typhoon Yolanda heroes
- POEA allows exemptions for OFW’s returning to Libya under certain skills
- General Government debt improves to 39.2% of GDP as of end-2013
- Bureau of Customs opens over 1,000 job vacancies
- DOLE lists local job vacancies for OFW repatriates from crisis-stricken countries
- Photo release: Obando flood control project