- As early as November 20, PAGASA already monitored the brewing typhoon.
- As of November 30, typhoon position was already posted in PAGASA website.
- December 1, clearer updates regarding its position and location were forecasted.
- At 5 am of December 2, a 24-hour weather forecast and extended weather outlook for selected cities were posted.
By Tuesday morning, Pablo will hit Negros.
Maximum winds: 185 kph
Gustiness: 220 kph
Direction: West-Northwest (WNW)
Location: 140 East-Northeast (ENE) of Surigao
60 km North of Dumaguete in 72 hours
Rainfall: 20-30 mm per hour
(Dec. 2) Sunday evening, center of Pablo will near PAR and cause focused rains; still generally good weather across the country.
(Dec. 3) Monday evening, its strength will be felt in the Eastern section of Mindanao.
(Dec. 4) Tuesday morning, the strongest rain will hit Surigao, Compostela Valley, Davao and the rest of Mindanao; In the evening, rain will slow down and become more concentrated in Northern Mindanao.
(Dec. 5) Wednesday, it will enter Panay Islands or Negros; In the evening, it will have passed toward Mindoro, Palawan area.
(Dec. 6) Thursday, rains will hit Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon.
(Dec. 7) Friday, rains will further weaken, but will continue in Southern Luzon and the rest of Luzon.
Benito Ramos: 8 p.m. tonight papasok ito sa Palau, Eastern Mindanao. Estimated landfall ay sa Surigao del Norte or Surigao del Sur. Apat ang apektado na lugar. 700 kilometers ang diameter kaya apektado rin ang Davao Oriental.
Mga apektadong lugar: Surigao City, Siargao, Dinagat, Bohol, Northern Cebu, Northern Negros, Iloilo, Aklan, Antique, Panay, Capiz
Didiretso sa Mindoro at Busuanga, then papunta na sa West Philippine Sea.
Eastern seaboard storm surge
Ramos: Itong eastern seaboard, mag-iingat po tayo sa storm surge. Ito ay malakas. Do not venture into the sea or near the shoreline.
Gustiness is at 230 kph. We’re expecting that this is going to be a strong one. Paghampas sa lupa, ito ay hihina dahil tatama ito sa Mt. Diwalwal at Mt Diwata.
Mga apektadong lugar sa Eastern seaboard of Mindanao: Surigao del Sur, Agusan del Sur, Bukidnon, Misamis Oriental
Leyte, along Maharlika Highway; mag-ingat sa mga landslide-prone area tulad ng Guinsaugon.
Ramos: Uulitin ko lang po ang mga apektadong lugar:
Bohol, Tagbilaran, Cebu up to Bantayan City, Northern Negros (4 cities), Capiz up to Silang
Roxas City, Boracay (yung mga turista po natin diyan), Mindoro.
The Office of the Civil Defense has placed under red alert status Region 11 or Southern Mindanao, in particular Davao Oriental, Davao del Sur, Davao Del Norte, and Compostela Valley.
In the Caraga Region, provincial disaster offices have also gathered themselves in Agusan del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Surigao del Norte at Dinagat Islands.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- PhilRice recommends El Niño-ready varieties, technologies to farmers
- Post-Yolanda recovery in Tangalan, Aklan done through community-driven development
- Support for Yolanda-affected communities continues
- Research and innovation seen to increase competitiveness among ASEAN countries
- PH government pushes completion of Tripartite Review Process for MNLF peace deal
- DA photo release: The Palawan seaweeds industry