A January 29, 2013, press release from Department of Foreign Affairs
The Department of Foreign Affairs Office of Consular Affairs (DFA-OCA) would like to advise the public that there will be a delay of 2 to 3 days on the release of the electronic passports (ePassports) due from January 28 to February 2 because of a machine breakdown.
Passport applicants who are expecting their passports this week are advised to call (632) 836-7745, (632) 836-7747 or e-mail DFA-OCA at [email protected] so they can make the necessary and appropriate arrangements on how their passports can be delivered to them. DFA-OCA is also prepared to issue machine-readable passports on a limited basis in cases of extreme emergency.
The Department would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused the public.
Measures are being implemented and the Department has received the assurances and commitment of Oberthur Technology to stabilize operations immediately.
Operations will normalize by Monday, February 4.
DFA-OCA continues to accept passport applications in its offices in Metro Manila and all Regional Consular Offices as well as its Foreign Service Posts.
Passport applicants in Manila may secure an appointment by logging on at the website www.epassport.com.ph or by calling (632) 737-1000.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Over 80% of applicants passed preliminary screening for Customs posts
- An Extraordinary Response to a Different Kind of Ordinary: How the “New Normal” Killed “Hayahay”
- Cebu Bus Rapid Transit gets go signal
- Common LRTA passenger complaints
- Filipino community in Singapore celebrates key events in August
- PH government’s achievements highlighted at 3rd session of UNESCAP Committee on Social Development in Bangkok