A January 30, 2013, press release from the Department of Foreign Affairs
The Philippine Embassy in Yangon reported that the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), gave the Philippine Embassy $50,000 as donation to the Philippine government for the latter’s rehabilitation efforts for the devastation caused by typhoon Pablo in Mindanao last December 2012.
In a handover ceremony conducted at the Foreign Ministry headquarters in Nay Pyi Taw on January 25, Foreign Minister U Wunna Maung Lwin handed over the donation to Mr. Bryan Jess T. Baguio, Chargé d’ Affaires, a.i. of the Philippine Embassy in Yangon.
The Foreign Minister expressed his sympathy and deep regrets for the damages and deaths caused by typhoon Pablo and hoped that their donation will provide humanitarian assistance to some of the victims.
Mr. Baguio read the message of appreciation of Acting Secretary of Foreign Affairs Laura Q. Del Rosario to the Foreign Minister, conveying the Philippines’ profound gratitude to the generosity of Myanmar. He also extended the appreciation of the Philippines Embassy and the Filipino Community in Myanmar on the kind gesture of the Myanmar Government which reassures the close ties between the Philippines and Myanmar.
The Philippine Embassy will forward the donation to appropriate government agencies in charge of the rehabilitation efforts.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Message and Press Conference Of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte During The Welcoming Of Repatriated Overseas Filipino Workers From Al Khobar, Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
- Press Conference of Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella (August 30, 2016)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 29, 2016 at Malacañan)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte after the wake visit to PO1 Gary Cabaguing (August 29, 2016 at Bajada, Davao City)
- Press Conference by Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella (August 26, 2016)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 25, 2016 at Poblacion District, Davao City)