A January 30, 2013, press release from the Department of Foreign Affairs
The Philippine Embassy in Yangon reported that the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), gave the Philippine Embassy $50,000 as donation to the Philippine government for the latter’s rehabilitation efforts for the devastation caused by typhoon Pablo in Mindanao last December 2012.
In a handover ceremony conducted at the Foreign Ministry headquarters in Nay Pyi Taw on January 25, Foreign Minister U Wunna Maung Lwin handed over the donation to Mr. Bryan Jess T. Baguio, Chargé d’ Affaires, a.i. of the Philippine Embassy in Yangon.
The Foreign Minister expressed his sympathy and deep regrets for the damages and deaths caused by typhoon Pablo and hoped that their donation will provide humanitarian assistance to some of the victims.
Mr. Baguio read the message of appreciation of Acting Secretary of Foreign Affairs Laura Q. Del Rosario to the Foreign Minister, conveying the Philippines’ profound gratitude to the generosity of Myanmar. He also extended the appreciation of the Philippines Embassy and the Filipino Community in Myanmar on the kind gesture of the Myanmar Government which reassures the close ties between the Philippines and Myanmar.
The Philippine Embassy will forward the donation to appropriate government agencies in charge of the rehabilitation efforts.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Remarks of Tourism Secretary Mon Jimenez at the Philippine Economic Briefing
- DepEd, NYC launch Abot-Alam for out of school youth in PH
- Statement: The Socioeconomic Planning Secretary on accelerating infrastructure development
- POEA Governing Board issues new guidelines defining high risk areas and benefits due to seafarers
- Zambo village builds dream school through people’s participation
- Sajahatra implements initial cash-for-work program in South Cotabato communities