A January 30, 2013, press release from the Department of Foreign Affairs
The Philippine Embassy in Yangon reported that the Government of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), gave the Philippine Embassy $50,000 as donation to the Philippine government for the latter’s rehabilitation efforts for the devastation caused by typhoon Pablo in Mindanao last December 2012.
In a handover ceremony conducted at the Foreign Ministry headquarters in Nay Pyi Taw on January 25, Foreign Minister U Wunna Maung Lwin handed over the donation to Mr. Bryan Jess T. Baguio, Chargé d’ Affaires, a.i. of the Philippine Embassy in Yangon.
The Foreign Minister expressed his sympathy and deep regrets for the damages and deaths caused by typhoon Pablo and hoped that their donation will provide humanitarian assistance to some of the victims.
Mr. Baguio read the message of appreciation of Acting Secretary of Foreign Affairs Laura Q. Del Rosario to the Foreign Minister, conveying the Philippines’ profound gratitude to the generosity of Myanmar. He also extended the appreciation of the Philippines Embassy and the Filipino Community in Myanmar on the kind gesture of the Myanmar Government which reassures the close ties between the Philippines and Myanmar.
The Philippine Embassy will forward the donation to appropriate government agencies in charge of the rehabilitation efforts.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Arrears Management Teams (AMTs) collect over P2 billion
- DILG: CIDG paiigtingin ang pagtugis sa mga Most Wanted Persons
- NAIA toilets, airconditioning being improved
- Australian gov’t-funded program turns over 24 newly-rehabilitated classrooms in Sulu
- DepEd Learners’ Information System, information for greater access to education
- President Aquino to review final draft of Bangsamoro Basic Law