His Excellency Benigno S. Aquino III
President of the Philippines
To the Philippine Councilors League
On the occasion of their 2013 1st Quarterly National Executive
Officers and National Board Meeting
[February 5, 2013]
My warmest greetings to the Philippine Councilors League as you hold your 2013 1st Quarterly National Executive Officers and National Board Meeting.
More than two years ago, we made a collective vow to change our country and bring about this era of daylight, with the culture of integrity, transparency, and accountability restored in our institutions, including the offices you hold. We continue this mission through the reforms that we have made, and we trust that the PCL will continue to help sustain these programs. May this national assembly strengthen your unity and cooperation as you address our people’s needs. Remember that our work as public servants is its own reward, in keeping with the honor, passion, and excellence of our great patriots.
Our bosses—the Filipino people—have placed their confidence in us to embody true public service. Together, let us stand by principles and not patronage, and lead with honor rather than self-interest, as we fuel our people’s empowerment and our country’s continuing revitalization.
May you have a meaningful, productive meeting.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of January 26-30, 2015
- PNP holds necrological services for the 42 SAF members
- 1st meeting of Philippines-Viet Nam Joint Commission on concluding a Strategic Partnership held in Manila
- DOF-BLGF opens 197 positions to re-energize, reform local finance
- Joint statement of the GPH and MILF Peace Panels at the Special Meeting of the Panels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- January 30, 2015, is a National Day of Mourning