A February 8, 2013 press release from the Department of Education
The Department of Education is reopening the accreditation of Private Lending Institutions (PLIs) that can offer more alternative credit windows with better terms and lower financial charges on loans availed by teachers and personnel of the Department.
Secretary of Education Br. Armin A. Luistro, FSC, said there is a need to widen the field some more so that public school teachers and nonteaching personnel can choose which ones have the best offer. “This is part of our on-going reform to prevent our teachers from falling prey to loan sharks.”
Under DepEd’s Automatic Payroll Deduction System Clean Up program, PLIs that charge exorbitant fees and unreasonable loan terms have been deleted from the accreditation list. Applications for PLI accreditation may be submitted to the Office of the Undersecretary for Finance and Administration until March 31, 2013.
The grant of automatic payroll deduction for loans extended to public school teachers and employees through the issuance of a lending code is a privilege extended by DepEd and not a matter of right to be invoked by any outside party.
Interested PLIs may download the complete requirements and accreditation criteria by downloading DepEd Memorandum No. 228 series of 2011.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- President Aquino advances 2015 Budget for inclusive growth
- Salient Points: 2015 Budget Message of President Aquino
- Kasambahay contract now available in 12 different local languages
- UNICEF’s unconditional cash grants to benefit Pantawid Pamilya families in E. Visayas
- Roxas secures freedom of 4 cops from NPA
- NPA to turn over four cops to DILG chief
- DOE chairs 2014 Consumer Welfare Month
- Statement: The Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on the release of PNP personnel
- Message of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on Eid’l Fitr
- Statement: The Secretary of Education on SONA 2014
- Statement: The Secretary of the Interior and Local Government on Janet Lim Napoles’ transfer to Bicutan
- BIR reminds importers and customs brokers of July 31 accreditation deadline