His Excellency Benigno S. Aquino III
President of the Philippines
To our citizens in Lahad Datu
[Released on March 2, 2013]
To our citizens in Lahad Datu, from the very start our objective has been to avoid the loss of lives and the shedding of blood. However, you did not join us in this objective. Because of the path you have taken, what we have been trying to avoid has come to pass.
If you have grievances, the path you chose was wrong. The just, and indeed, the only correct thing for you to do is to surrender.
To those who have influence and the capacity to reason with those in Lahad Datu, I ask you to convey this message: surrender now, without conditions.
[callout align=”left” width=”200″]
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Order of Malta to visit the PH
- DSWD program lights up Lope de Vegan spirit
- BSP extends Libyan Dinar exchange facility for repatriated OFWs
- Caraga wage board ups minimum wage rates
- OPAFSAM-PCA holds National Investment Summit on coco-based farming enterprises
- DOLE declares six Sagada barangays free from child labor