[March 6, 2013]
“According to Amb. Ed Malaya who was present during the meeting, the report is out of context and the Sec did not label the Fil group as ‘terrorists’. In Semporna, there were alleged acts of terrorism. As reported by the Malaysian FM, after the police forces were lured into an ambush and killed, their bodies were brutally mutilated and desecrated. If indeed the atrocities were committed as reported to him, the Sec and the Foreign minister both agreed that these were, at the very least, terroristic acts.”
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the week of December 22-26, 2014
- The Secretary of Education’s 2014 Christmas message
- DPWH chief orders close coordination with NCCA to avoid projects affecting historical sites
- Fisheries industry gets additional P76-M support for fish ports
- LRT-MRT fares to be increased on January 4
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the week of December 15-19, 2014