[March 6, 2013]
“According to Amb. Ed Malaya who was present during the meeting, the report is out of context and the Sec did not label the Fil group as ‘terrorists’. In Semporna, there were alleged acts of terrorism. As reported by the Malaysian FM, after the police forces were lured into an ambush and killed, their bodies were brutally mutilated and desecrated. If indeed the atrocities were committed as reported to him, the Sec and the Foreign minister both agreed that these were, at the very least, terroristic acts.”
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DSWD: Hassle-free process for foreign aid
- DSWD extends educational aid to over 40,000 students
- DSWD’s poverty alleviation program completes 7,531 community projects
- DSWD’s Sustainable Livelihood Program has served over 700,000 poor families
- DPWH-NCR to undertake reblocking and road repair in QC, Pasig, Caloocan on May 22-25
- PDIC advises borrowers of Community Rural Bank of Magsaysay (Davao del Sur) to pay their obligations