[March 6, 2013]
“According to Amb. Ed Malaya who was present during the meeting, the report is out of context and the Sec did not label the Fil group as ‘terrorists’. In Semporna, there were alleged acts of terrorism. As reported by the Malaysian FM, after the police forces were lured into an ambush and killed, their bodies were brutally mutilated and desecrated. If indeed the atrocities were committed as reported to him, the Sec and the Foreign minister both agreed that these were, at the very least, terroristic acts.”
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Infographic: The 2016 Proposed National Budget
- P3-T 2016 budget to spur broader growth
- Administration urges MRT Holdings to drop bid against new train coaches for MRT-3
- DILG tests DOST’s hybrid road train
- Modernization of Sasa Port Project attracts several foreign firms
- Rehabilitation of Yolanda-affected areas remains an administration priority