Statement of Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail F. Valte:
On the Atimonan incident
[March 6, 2013]
After a thorough review of the NBI Executive Report on the incident in Atimonan, Quezon, the President has accepted its findings in full. He has directed Secretary of Justice Leila de Lima to file the appropriate criminal and administrative charges against Hansel Marantan, James Andres Melad, and others.
Details will be provided in the executive summary of the report, which will be made available on the Official Gazette online, while the media may access the full report, including all the annexes, at the Department of Justice.
From the very start, the President had assured the public of a thorough investigation which would be the basis for holding to account, those found culpable in this incident.
[callout align=”left” width=”400″]
If you are having difficulty downloading the report, please try this alternative link
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Taxi, airport taxi flag-down rates reduced by P10
- Davao LGUs to be hailed for rice production achievements
- APEC finance and central bank deputies seek to boost region’s financial resiliency, infrastructure development
- DILG: Pagbuo ng fire inspection plan krusyal sa pag-iwas sa sunog
- PCW message on the 2015 National Women’s Month Celebration
- Bohol is first province to roll out JobStart