Statement of Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail F. Valte:
On the Atimonan incident
[March 6, 2013]
After a thorough review of the NBI Executive Report on the incident in Atimonan, Quezon, the President has accepted its findings in full. He has directed Secretary of Justice Leila de Lima to file the appropriate criminal and administrative charges against Hansel Marantan, James Andres Melad, and others.
Details will be provided in the executive summary of the report, which will be made available on the Official Gazette online, while the media may access the full report, including all the annexes, at the Department of Justice.
From the very start, the President had assured the public of a thorough investigation which would be the basis for holding to account, those found culpable in this incident.
[callout align=”left” width=”400″]
If you are having difficulty downloading the report, please try this alternative link
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- PhilRice recommends El Niño-ready varieties, technologies to farmers
- Post-Yolanda recovery in Tangalan, Aklan done through community-driven development
- Support for Yolanda-affected communities continues
- Research and innovation seen to increase competitiveness among ASEAN countries
- PH government pushes completion of Tripartite Review Process for MNLF peace deal
- DA photo release: The Palawan seaweeds industry