Statement of Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail F. Valte:
On the Atimonan incident
[March 6, 2013]
After a thorough review of the NBI Executive Report on the incident in Atimonan, Quezon, the President has accepted its findings in full. He has directed Secretary of Justice Leila de Lima to file the appropriate criminal and administrative charges against Hansel Marantan, James Andres Melad, and others.
Details will be provided in the executive summary of the report, which will be made available on the Official Gazette online, while the media may access the full report, including all the annexes, at the Department of Justice.
From the very start, the President had assured the public of a thorough investigation which would be the basis for holding to account, those found culpable in this incident.
[callout align="left" width="400"]
If you are having difficulty downloading the report, please try this alternative link
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Bulletin No. 1: The Filipino peacekeepers in Golan Heights
- Statement: The Secretary of Budget on the 6.4% 2014 Q2 GDP growth
- Statement: The Secretary of Finance on Q2 2014 GDP growth
- Dentist charged with tax evasion for underdeclaring service income
- Software and manufacturing companies charged with willful failure to pay tax
- DPWH starts bidding for 7km by-pass road segment in Bulacan