His Excellency Benigno S. Aquino III
President of the Philippines
To Tagum Cooperative
On the occasion of their 46th Annual General Assembly
[March 17, 2013]
My warmest greetings to Tagum Cooperative as you hold your 46th Annual General Assembly.
The people of Davao del Norte, the cities of Davao, Tagum, and Panabo, and the Compostela Valley entrust to you their welfare, as you renew your commitment to your mission of service. Remain steadfast in contributing to your region’s advancement alongside our country’s renewal, and reinforce your resolve to sustain the Filipino values of hard work and determination. Let this event also galvanize your members to act in solidarity and help your government sustain the culture of peace and the vitality of our economy that we have now secured.
We solemnly remember the toll of Typhoon Pablo on our countrymen in Visayas and Mindanao. We rise up in spite of this calamity, and unite to ensure that our country’s renewal carries on. May the Filipino spirit of bayanihan empower you to help your constituents recover from the storms, elevate their welfare, and give them the courage to move on, towards a more stable and progressive Philippines.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- Message of President Aquino to the Muslim Community in the Philippines on the occasion of the Eid’l Fitr, July 29, 2014
- BIR reminds importers and customs brokers of July 31 accreditation deadline
- DOE updates on power restoration after Typhoon Glenda as of July 25, 2014
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of July 21-25, 2014
- Decorated general assumes office as government ceasefire chief
- DepEd is committed to enhancing the quality of basic education
- DILG to relocate informal settlers to safer communities
- DOH recognizes Typhoon Yolanda heroes
- POEA allows exemptions for OFW’s returning to Libya under certain skills
- General Government debt improves to 39.2% of GDP as of end-2013
- Bureau of Customs opens over 1,000 job vacancies
- DOLE lists local job vacancies for OFW repatriates from crisis-stricken countries