His Excellency Benigno S. Aquino III
President of the Philippines
To the Barangka Credit Cooperative
On the occasion of their 27th Annual General Assembly
[March 24, 2013]
My warmest greetings to the Barangka Credit Cooperative as you hold your 27th Annual General Assembly.
A dynamic society is one that accords its citizens the means to advance their welfare, that their efforts also lead to the development of their communities. This objective is fulfilled with the dedication of cooperatives, whose structure of collective ownership and accountability is a viable alternative for a more equitable wealth distribution and investment generation. Your government looks forward to this assembly leading to ideas that benefit all sectors, expand our middle class, and aid our people in defeating poverty.
Our collective resolve to follow the straight and righteous path has led our country into this period of revitalization, highlighted by a surge in economic growth, increased business confidence, and a renewed sense of hope in our future. Our task now is to ensure that no one is left behind as we realize our potential as a united people.
May you have a successful assembly.
(Sgd.) BENIGNO S. AQUINO III
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Statement: DSWD on the lowering of the minimum age of criminal responsibility
- Statement: DepEd on the shooting incident at PNHS
- Budget reforms highlighted in good governance meet
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the dismissal of the impeachment cases against the President
- Statement: The Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on the draft Bangsamoro Basic Law
- Future of Philippine agriculture: DA’s farm mechanization program gives rise to innovative technologies