An April 19, 2013, press release from the Department of Education
The Department of Education (DepEd) will set into motion Operation Balik Eskwela (OBE) on May 27-31, as well as the Public Assistance Station (PAS) on June 1-8 to ensure the smooth opening of classes for school year 2013-2014 in June.
The annual OBE and PAS address the problems that usually crop up during school opening and see to it that school children are in their respective classrooms and buckling down to lessons at the first day of the school year.
One of the components of the OBE is the convergence of government agencies so that all concerns associated with school opening are taken into account.
The Oplan Balik-Eskwela Inter Agency Task Force is participated in by the Department of Trade & Industry, the Department of National Defense, Interior & Local Government, Public Works & Highways, Health, the Philippine National Police, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA), and the Metro Manila Development Authority.
Another key component of the OBE is the creation of the Information and Action Center (IAC) at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan at the DepEd Central that will serve as the communication hive of all school-opening concerns and issues.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Road repair schedule in Quezon City
- Statement: Budget Secretary Abad on Q1 GDP growth and fiscal performance
- Statement: Finance Secretary Purisima on Q1 2016 GDP Growth
- Statement: Presidential Spokesperson Lacierda on the first quarter GDP growth for 2016
- Statement: Secretary Esguerra on the 2016 Q1 performance of the Philippine economy
- Speech: The President signs the Children’s Emergency Relief and Protection Act