April 27, 2013
The National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) together with the descendants of First Lady Aurora Aragon Quezon will unveil and rededicate a historical marker in Bongabon, Nueva Ecija on April 28, 2013 at the site of the ambush where Mrs. Quezon was killed on that day 64 years ago by rogue elements of the HUKBALAHAP. Also killed with her were her daughter Maria Aurora Quezon, son in law Philip Buencamino III, Quezon City Mayor Ponciano Bernardo, and members of their security detail. The old marker had been discovered missing by members of an organization composed of family and provincemates of Aurora Aragon Quezon. Baler Aurora Ngayon Angkan at Kasaysayan (BANAK), Inc. requested for a replacement marker from the NHCP and initiated a fund drive which received contributions from relatives and people from Aurora province worldwide,which has gone into the construction of a memorial shrine in the midst of a garden full of Dona Aurora plants. Chairperson Maria Serena Diokno of the NHCP and descendants of the Quezon, Buencamino, and Bernardo families will grace the event, which is organized by BANAK, Inc. and the local government of Bongabon under Mayor Amelia Gamilla. A mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. followed by simple ceremonies and the unveiling of the new marker.
Contact the NHCP: tel no. (02)2547482 loc. 131; email: [email protected]
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Palace Strongly Reiterates Call For Ceasefire
- Press Conference Of PCO Secretary Martin Andanar, Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella And Socioeconomic Planning Secretary And Director General Of The National Economic And Development Authority Dr. Ernesto M. Pernia
- Press Conference of Sec. Andanar, Spokesperson Abella, Sec. Sueno and Commissioner Faeldon
- Press Conference of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 21, 2016)
- From The Office Of The Presidential Spokesperson On the UN executive to PH
- La Mesa Dam Alert #2