Statement of Secretary Edwin Lacierda:
On the appointment of MECO Chairman Amadeo R. Perez as personal representative
[May 15, 2013]
The President has appointed MECO Chairman Amadeo R. Perez as his personal representative who will convey his and the Filipino people’s deep regret and apology to the family of Mr. Hung Shi-chen as well as to the people of Taiwan over the unfortunate and unintended loss of life.
Upon orders from the President, the National Bureau of Investigation has already started the investigation and is committed to a thorough, exhaustive, impartial and expeditious investigation of the incident. The NBI has given this case the highest priority.
We understand the grief and hurt of the family and of the people of Taiwan over this unfortunate loss and we empathize with them.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DILG to LGUs and PNP: Protect tour people and guests
- Filipinos participate in 2015 World Wood Day in Turkey
- DOLE assists 20 Filipino seafarers stranded in New South Wales
- DOLE appeals to OFWs remaining in Yemen to cooperate in mandatory repatriation
- Statement: Secretary Roxas on the death of an OFW in Libya
- LTO registration of vehicles and the issuance of new plates