Statement of Secretary Edwin Lacierda:
On the appointment of MECO Chairman Amadeo R. Perez as personal representative
[May 15, 2013]
The President has appointed MECO Chairman Amadeo R. Perez as his personal representative who will convey his and the Filipino people’s deep regret and apology to the family of Mr. Hung Shi-chen as well as to the people of Taiwan over the unfortunate and unintended loss of life.
Upon orders from the President, the National Bureau of Investigation has already started the investigation and is committed to a thorough, exhaustive, impartial and expeditious investigation of the incident. The NBI has given this case the highest priority.
We understand the grief and hurt of the family and of the people of Taiwan over this unfortunate loss and we empathize with them.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Rehab efforts for past typhoons get P592-M support in 2015 GAA
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the week of April 27 – May 1, 2015
- DOLE, pinapurihan ang Region 11 para sa pagtatag ng lactation station at clinic room
- DSWD, DBM, COA issue new guidelines for CSOs
- DILG brings clean water to 4 Albay barangays
- Intervention of Secretary del Rosario during the ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting in Kuala Lumpur