At 10:00 a.m., President Benigno S. Aquino III led the oathtaking ceremony at Rizal Hall in Malacañan Palace. The following took their oaths of office:
- Undersecretary of Health Janette Garin
- Assistant Secretary of Science and Technology Raymundo Liboro
- Movie and Television Review Board member, Leah Navarro
- Assistant Secretary of Education Tionisito Umali
- President and Chief Executive of PhilHealth Alexander Padilla
Also with President Aquino in the event were Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda, Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte, Secretary of Health Enrique Ona, and Assistant Secretary Susan Reyes.
Photos by Malacañang Photo Bureau
At 3:00 p.m., President Aquino received Ambassador of Canada to the Philippines His Excellency Christopher Thornley for the Farewell Call and Confernment of the Order of Sikatuna at the Music Room in Malacañan Palace.
Ambassador Thornley was given the Order of Sikatuna rank of Grand Cross. The Order of Sikatuna is the national order of diplomatic merit of the Philippines. It is given to individuals who have diplomatic merit and have displayed exceptional service to the Philippines.
Photo from Malacañang Photo Bureau
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DPWH project briefer: Flood management master plan for Metro Manila and surrounding areas
- LightEd PH campaign aims to improve learning for underprivileged students
- Government supports study for rapid, cost effective detection of Salmonella in meat products
- DPWH-NCR road repair schedule for July 31-August 3
- Photo release: NEDA participates in metro-wide simultaneous earthquake drill
- Six Mindanao provinces top national competitiveness ranking