From the Department of Social Welfare and Development
Fifty seven evacuation centers, 55 in Region III and one each in CAR and Region II, remain open providing temporary shelter to 2,641 families affected by Labuyo. Relief distribution continues for displaced families, including those who chose to stay with their friends and relatives.
As of August 14, 2013, a total of P3,709,266.39 worth of relief assistance from the combined resources of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), local government units (LGUs), and nongovernment organizations (NGOs) were provided to the affected families.
In Casiguran, Aurora, 550 family food packs were delivered through boats as the town remains isolated.
Repacking of relief goods is likewise ongoing in DSWD regional offices along the path of Labuyo. In Region II, 34 volunteers, nursing and psychology students and teachers of St. Paul University in Tuguegarao City volunteered in the repacking of relief goods at the DSWD compound.
To date, 5,866 damaged houses have been reported of which 737 were totally damaged and 5,129 were partially destroyed. Most of these damaged houses were in Regions II and III.
Seretary of Social Welfare and Development Corazon Juliano Soliman has instructed the DSWD National Resource Operations Center (NROC) to provide 5,000 family food packs augmentation support to Region III, and for all DSWD offices in affected regions to continue to coordinate with concerned LGUs to ensure that the needs of the victims are addressed.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- Paggugol na Matuwid 2015: Nag-uugat sa badyet ang lahat ng reporma
- DOLE: OFWs in Libya can leave even without exit visas
- Statement: DFA on the PH proposal “Triple Action Plan”
- PH joins Yokohama Sparkling Twilight 2014
- PH featured in 2 popular Korean TV networks
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction considers PH a “competitive location for investors”
- DOH: Philippines is still Ebola-free
- Statement: The Presidential Spokesperson on the 5th death anniversary of President Corazon C. Aquino
- Overeseas Voter Registration Center is open at the Commission on Filipinos Overseas
- DFA Tacloban resumes operations, extends passport releasing to September 30, 2014
- DOH-MIMAROPA prioritizes health programs for PWD in the region
- Statement: Secretary Roxas on the capture of Said Giad alias “Maestro”