From the Department of Social Welfare and Development
Social Welfare and Development Dinky Soliman today called for volunteers to assist in the repacking of goods at the DSWD National Resources Operations Center (NROC) along Chapel Road in Pasay City.
Interested volunteers may call Mr. Ronald Reonal at 852-8081. Also, you may coordinate with Assistant Secretary Milo Gudmalin at +639209485383.
Meanwhile, Secretary Soliman said that 199 evacuation centers are open in disaster-affected areas providing temporary shelter and relief assistance to 9,153 families or 41,000 persons.
The National Capital Region has 77 evacuation centers, Region IV-A with 59, Region III has 47, CAR has 6, and Region IV-B with one evacuation center.
Relief distribution also continues for some 19,140 families or 90, 458 persons who chose to stay in their friends or relatives.
As of 6:00 a.m. today, a total of 125, 024 families with 601,114 persons from 503 barangays in NCR, CAR, and Regions I, III, IV-A, and IV-B were affected by heavy rains and flooding.
Secretary Soliman said the P4.4 million worth of relief assistance coming from the combined resources of the DSWD, concerned LGUs, and NGOs were provided to the affected families.
Secretary Soliman added that the Department will send today 10,000 family food packs and 5,000 family food packs to Regions III and IV-A, respectively.
She added that the Department is now coordinating with the World Food Programme for the distribution of high-energy biscuits for children and older persons.
Secretary Soliman said that all members of the DSWD Quick Response Teams in disaster-affected areas are on alert status to augment resources of local government units to assist in relief distribution and in managing evacuation centers.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Message and Press Conference Of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte During The Welcoming Of Repatriated Overseas Filipino Workers From Al Khobar, Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
- Press Conference of Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella (August 30, 2016)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 29, 2016 at Malacañan)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte after the wake visit to PO1 Gary Cabaguing (August 29, 2016 at Bajada, Davao City)
- Press Conference by Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella (August 26, 2016)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 25, 2016 at Poblacion District, Davao City)