From the Department of Social Welfare and Development
Social Welfare and Development Dinky Soliman today called for volunteers to assist in the repacking of goods at the DSWD National Resources Operations Center (NROC) along Chapel Road in Pasay City.
Interested volunteers may call Mr. Ronald Reonal at 852-8081. Also, you may coordinate with Assistant Secretary Milo Gudmalin at +639209485383.
Meanwhile, Secretary Soliman said that 199 evacuation centers are open in disaster-affected areas providing temporary shelter and relief assistance to 9,153 families or 41,000 persons.
The National Capital Region has 77 evacuation centers, Region IV-A with 59, Region III has 47, CAR has 6, and Region IV-B with one evacuation center.
Relief distribution also continues for some 19,140 families or 90, 458 persons who chose to stay in their friends or relatives.
As of 6:00 a.m. today, a total of 125, 024 families with 601,114 persons from 503 barangays in NCR, CAR, and Regions I, III, IV-A, and IV-B were affected by heavy rains and flooding.
Secretary Soliman said the P4.4 million worth of relief assistance coming from the combined resources of the DSWD, concerned LGUs, and NGOs were provided to the affected families.
Secretary Soliman added that the Department will send today 10,000 family food packs and 5,000 family food packs to Regions III and IV-A, respectively.
She added that the Department is now coordinating with the World Food Programme for the distribution of high-energy biscuits for children and older persons.
Secretary Soliman said that all members of the DSWD Quick Response Teams in disaster-affected areas are on alert status to augment resources of local government units to assist in relief distribution and in managing evacuation centers.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- DA Photo Release: Rebuilding efforts continue
- DBM: DAP did not deprive government employees their salaries, bonuses
- DepEd, NHA turn over 1,000 new classrooms to regions III, IV, NCR
- DOLE augments contingency team to assist in repatriation of OFWs from Libya
- DOH statement on the nation’s health
- Secretary Deles: Bangsamoro Basic Law to respect IP rights
- DOE supports the 2014 National Science and Technology Week
- DFA Statement: On Libya repatriation
- DOLE: Focused and comprehensive reintegration services await returning OFWs
- Agri-chief urges local hog producers to prep for the ASEAN free trade
- President Aquino advances 2015 Budget for inclusive growth
- Salient Points: 2015 Budget Message of President Aquino