From the Natural Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council
- Typhoon “YOLANDA” is now outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR).
- All Public Storm Warning Signals has been lowered/cancelled. However, sea travel is risky over the seaboards of Luzon, and over the eastern and western seaboard of Visayas.
- 138 dead
- 14 injured
- 4 missing
- A total of 944,597 families (4,282,636 persons) were affected in 1,363 barangays, 39 cities, 229 municipalities in 36 provinces in Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VI, VII, VIII, X, XI, and Caraga.
- A total of 71,623 families (330,914 persons) are being served inside 1,223 evacuation centers.
A total of 3,438 houses (2,055 totally and 1,383 partially) were reportedly damaged in Regions VI and XI.
Roads and bridges
As of 6:00 p.m., November 9, 2013, 17 roads and one bridge were affected in Regions IV-B, V, and VIII.
- A total of 468 passengers, 11 vessels, 67 rolling cargoes and 1 motorbanca are stranded in Regions IV-B (Puerto Princesa), Region V (Albay and Sorsogon), and Region VII (Maasin and Catbalogan).
- As of November 9, 2013, operation of four (4) airports are still suspended until further notice.
- Since 07 November 2013, power interruption is being experienced in the following provinces and municipalities in Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VII VIII, X and XIII:
- Quezon (7 municipalities)
- Laguna (5 municipalities)
- Rizal (3 municipalities)
- Oriental Mindoro (6 Municipalities)
- Palawan (5 Municipalities)
- Occidental Mindoro
- Marinduque (2 municipalities)
- Albay, Masbate, Catanduanes, Camarines Sur
- Aklan, Antique, Capiz
- Cebu (24 municipalities of Northern Cebu including San Francisco, Camotes, Tuburan and parts of Danao City)
- Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Northern Samar, and Eastern Samar
- Dinagat Islands
- Surigao del Norte
- Surigao del Sur
- As of 5:30 p.m., November 8, 2013, power was restored in Sibulan and Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, and Siquijor.
- Interruptions in the following areas:
- Aklan, Antique, Capiz
- Cebu (Municipalities of Northern Cebu, Bogo City)
- Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Samar, Northern Samar and Eastern Samar
- Surigao del Norte (Municipality of Bacuag)
Cost of assistance
A total of P6,693,990.00 of relief assistance was provided to affected families of Regions IV-B, V, VI, and VII coming from DSWD (P6,421,225.00) and LGUs (P272,765.00).
Cost of damage
Total cost of damage amounted to P6,454,769.25 (P4,880,000.00 to infrastructure and P1,574,769.25 to agriculture) in the province of Dinagat Islands in Region XIII.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- DA Photo Release: Rebuilding efforts continue
- DBM: DAP did not deprive government employees their salaries, bonuses
- DepEd, NHA turn over 1,000 new classrooms to regions III, IV, NCR
- DOLE augments contingency team to assist in repatriation of OFWs from Libya
- DOH statement on the nation’s health
- Secretary Deles: Bangsamoro Basic Law to respect IP rights
- DOE supports the 2014 National Science and Technology Week
- DFA Statement: On Libya repatriation
- DOLE: Focused and comprehensive reintegration services await returning OFWs
- Agri-chief urges local hog producers to prep for the ASEAN free trade
- President Aquino advances 2015 Budget for inclusive growth
- Salient Points: 2015 Budget Message of President Aquino