From the Natural Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council
- 255 dead
- 71 injured
- 38 missing
- A total of 2,095,262 families (9,679,059 persons) 7,251 barangays in 471 municipalities and 51 cities in 41 provinces of Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VI, VII, VIII, X, XI and Caraga.
- A total of 91,657 families (433,300 persons) are being served inside 1,444 evacuation centers.
The number of damaged houses increased to 23,190 houses (13,473 totally / 9,717 partially) in Regions IV-A, VI, VIII, X, XI, and Caraga.
As of 6:00 a.m., November 11, 2013, three (3) roads in Regions VI and VIII remain impassable.
Operations in 4 airports remain suspended: Busuanga, Roxas, Kalibo and Tacloban
- Since November 7, 2013, power interruption is being experienced in the following provinces and municipalities in Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VI, VII, VIII, and XIII:
- Rizal (1 municipality)
- Oriental Mindoro (6 Municipalities)
- Palawan (5 Municipalities)
- Occidental Mindoro (2 Municipalities)
- Romblon (6 Municipalities)
- Albay and Camarines Sur (Select municipalities)
- Masbate and Catanduanes
- Capiz, Aklan, and portions of Antique
- Iloilo (6 municipalities)
- Cebu (24 municipalities of Northern Cebu including San Francisco, Camotes, Tuburan and parts of Danao City)
- Negros Oriental (2 Cities)
- Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Northern Samar, and Eastern Samar
- Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur
Power supply in the following areas of Region IV-B and VI have been restored:
- Province of Marinduque
- Oriental Mindoro (10 municipalities, 1 city)
- Occidental Mindoro (4 municipalities)
- Romblon (5 municipalities)
- Iloilo (3 municipalities)
Interruptions in the following areas:
- Aklan, Antique, Capiz
- Cebu (Municipalities of Northern Cebu, Bogo City)
- Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Samar, Northern Samar and Eastern Samar
- Surigao del Norte (Municipality of Bacuag)
As of November 10, 2013, Globe Telecom signal was restored in Tacloban City. In total, 20% of the sites in Visayas have been restored, while 30% of the affected sites in Luzon and Mindanao have been restored.
Telecommunication signals for Smart and Sun Cellular have been restored in parts of Region VI, VII, and VIII.
Suspension of classes
Nine municipalities in the Province of Cebu suspended classes in elementary and secondary levels from November 11-15, 2013:
- San Remigio
- Santa Fe
State of calamity
Dumangas, Iloilo (Res. No. 2013-188), Janiuay, Iloilo, and the Province of Antique were declared under a state of calamity.
Cost of assistance
A total of P22,796,391.21 worth of relief assistance was provided to affected families of Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VI, VII, X, XI, and Caraga coming from DSWD (P11,427,057,60), LGUs (P7,105,352.69) and DOH (P4,263,980.92).
Cost of damages
A total of P296,505,629.05 worth of damages (P38,997,500.00 to infrastructure and P257,508,129.05 to agriculture) were reported in Regions IV-B, V, VI, and Caraga.
Prepositioned and deployed assets
A total of 6,191 personnel, 774 vehicles, 17 seacrafts, 4 aircrafts and other assets / equipment from National and Local Agencies, Responders and Volunteer Organizations were prepositioned and deployed to strategic areas to facilitate response operations.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Albay forestry officers on high alert for potential wildfires on Mayon explosion
- Sec. Baldoz advises OFWs in HK to be mindful of their safety
- 100% of Mayon-affected schools resume classes
- Remarks of Tourism Secretary Mon Jimenez at the Philippine Economic Briefing
- DepEd, NYC launch Abot-Alam for out of school youth in PH
- Statement: The Socioeconomic Planning Secretary on accelerating infrastructure development