From the Natural Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council
- 255 dead
- 71 injured
- 38 missing
- A total of 2,095,262 families (9,679,059 persons) 7,251 barangays in 471 municipalities and 51 cities in 41 provinces of Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VI, VII, VIII, X, XI and Caraga.
- A total of 91,657 families (433,300 persons) are being served inside 1,444 evacuation centers.
The number of damaged houses increased to 23,190 houses (13,473 totally / 9,717 partially) in Regions IV-A, VI, VIII, X, XI, and Caraga.
As of 6:00 a.m., November 11, 2013, three (3) roads in Regions VI and VIII remain impassable.
Operations in 4 airports remain suspended: Busuanga, Roxas, Kalibo and Tacloban
- Since November 7, 2013, power interruption is being experienced in the following provinces and municipalities in Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VI, VII, VIII, and XIII:
- Rizal (1 municipality)
- Oriental Mindoro (6 Municipalities)
- Palawan (5 Municipalities)
- Occidental Mindoro (2 Municipalities)
- Romblon (6 Municipalities)
- Albay and Camarines Sur (Select municipalities)
- Masbate and Catanduanes
- Capiz, Aklan, and portions of Antique
- Iloilo (6 municipalities)
- Cebu (24 municipalities of Northern Cebu including San Francisco, Camotes, Tuburan and parts of Danao City)
- Negros Oriental (2 Cities)
- Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Northern Samar, and Eastern Samar
- Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur
Power supply in the following areas of Region IV-B and VI have been restored:
- Province of Marinduque
- Oriental Mindoro (10 municipalities, 1 city)
- Occidental Mindoro (4 municipalities)
- Romblon (5 municipalities)
- Iloilo (3 municipalities)
Interruptions in the following areas:
- Aklan, Antique, Capiz
- Cebu (Municipalities of Northern Cebu, Bogo City)
- Biliran, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Samar, Northern Samar and Eastern Samar
- Surigao del Norte (Municipality of Bacuag)
As of November 10, 2013, Globe Telecom signal was restored in Tacloban City. In total, 20% of the sites in Visayas have been restored, while 30% of the affected sites in Luzon and Mindanao have been restored.
Telecommunication signals for Smart and Sun Cellular have been restored in parts of Region VI, VII, and VIII.
Suspension of classes
Nine municipalities in the Province of Cebu suspended classes in elementary and secondary levels from November 11-15, 2013:
- San Remigio
- Santa Fe
State of calamity
Dumangas, Iloilo (Res. No. 2013-188), Janiuay, Iloilo, and the Province of Antique were declared under a state of calamity.
Cost of assistance
A total of P22,796,391.21 worth of relief assistance was provided to affected families of Regions IV-A, IV-B, V, VI, VII, X, XI, and Caraga coming from DSWD (P11,427,057,60), LGUs (P7,105,352.69) and DOH (P4,263,980.92).
Cost of damages
A total of P296,505,629.05 worth of damages (P38,997,500.00 to infrastructure and P257,508,129.05 to agriculture) were reported in Regions IV-B, V, VI, and Caraga.
Prepositioned and deployed assets
A total of 6,191 personnel, 774 vehicles, 17 seacrafts, 4 aircrafts and other assets / equipment from National and Local Agencies, Responders and Volunteer Organizations were prepositioned and deployed to strategic areas to facilitate response operations.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- [English] Benigno S. Aquino III, fifth State of the Nation Address, July 28, 2014
- BIR reminds importers and customs brokers of July 31 accreditation deadline
- DOE updates on power restoration after Typhoon Glenda as of July 25, 2014
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of July 21-25, 2014
- Decorated general assumes office as government ceasefire chief
- DepEd is committed to enhancing the quality of basic education
- DILG to relocate informal settlers to safer communities
- DOH recognizes Typhoon Yolanda heroes
- POEA allows exemptions for OFW’s returning to Libya under certain skills
- General Government debt improves to 39.2% of GDP as of end-2013
- Bureau of Customs opens over 1,000 job vacancies
- DOLE lists local job vacancies for OFW repatriates from crisis-stricken countries