From the Malacañan Photo Bureau
On November 10, 2013, President Benigno S. Aquino III visited Tacloban, Leyte, and Capiz to personally oversee relief operations and assess the damage brought about by typhoon Yolanda. With the President were Secretaries Roxas, Gazmin, Soliman, Singson, Petilla, and Abaya.
Typhoon Yolanda is considered one of the strongest storms to ever make landfall in recorded history. It left much devastation in its wake. The government is committed to making sure that services and needed supply reach the victims. Secretaries Roxas, Gazmin, and Soliman are presently in Tacloban to manage operations.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DSWD continues to assist tropical storm Mario evacuees
- Situation Report on tropical storm Mario as of September 19, 2014 (5:00 p.m.)
- DSWD releases P6.6M worth of aid for Mayon evacuees
- More evacuation centers open for tropical storm Mario evacuees
- DSWD: 25 evacuation centers set up in TS Mario-hit areas
- DPWH: Bridge along Daang Maharlika damaged by flood in Camarines Norte