From the Malacañan Photo Bureau
On November 10, 2013, President Benigno S. Aquino III visited Tacloban, Leyte, and Capiz to personally oversee relief operations and assess the damage brought about by typhoon Yolanda. With the President were Secretaries Roxas, Gazmin, Soliman, Singson, Petilla, and Abaya.
Typhoon Yolanda is considered one of the strongest storms to ever make landfall in recorded history. It left much devastation in its wake. The government is committed to making sure that services and needed supply reach the victims. Secretaries Roxas, Gazmin, and Soliman are presently in Tacloban to manage operations.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- PRRD to prioritize welfare of uniformed services
- President Duterte visits Basilan, vows to help in its development
- Pulse Asia survey: Record-high public trust rating for PRRD
- Dureza: Peace roadmap to pave the way for federalism
- Pres. Duterte oks peace road map
- Andanar, Alvarez: SONA preparations underway