From the Malacañan Photo Bureau
On November 10, 2013, President Benigno S. Aquino III visited Tacloban, Leyte, and Capiz to personally oversee relief operations and assess the damage brought about by typhoon Yolanda. With the President were Secretaries Roxas, Gazmin, Soliman, Singson, Petilla, and Abaya.
Typhoon Yolanda is considered one of the strongest storms to ever make landfall in recorded history. It left much devastation in its wake. The government is committed to making sure that services and needed supply reach the victims. Secretaries Roxas, Gazmin, and Soliman are presently in Tacloban to manage operations.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- DSWD’s Sustainable Livelihood Program has served over 700,000 poor families
- DPWH-NCR to undertake reblocking and road repair in QC, Pasig, Caloocan on May 22-25
- PDIC advises borrowers of Community Rural Bank of Magsaysay (Davao del Sur) to pay their obligations
- DOJ sets preliminary investigation on estafa, criminal charges vs. LBC Bank stockholders and former officers on May 29
- DPWH now ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Additional importation of 250,000 MT of rice in preparation for the lean months