From the Malacañan Photo Bureau
On November 10, 2013, President Benigno S. Aquino III visited Tacloban, Leyte, and Capiz to personally oversee relief operations and assess the damage brought about by typhoon Yolanda. With the President were Secretaries Roxas, Gazmin, Soliman, Singson, Petilla, and Abaya.
Typhoon Yolanda is considered one of the strongest storms to ever make landfall in recorded history. It left much devastation in its wake. The government is committed to making sure that services and needed supply reach the victims. Secretaries Roxas, Gazmin, and Soliman are presently in Tacloban to manage operations.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- CHED Statement: P4.1 billion not pork
- FAQs on Customs hiring and selection
- CSC advisory: Testing centers for GAT and EOPT on August 31, 2014
- Thousands to take Customs pre-employment exam on August 31
- Salient points: Secretary Balisacan’s statement on the Q2 2014 performance of the PH economy
- New home brings new hope for earthquake survivors