The following is a consolidated report from government agencies on government relief and rehabilitation efforts on typhoon Yolanda as of November 12, 2013 (2:00p.m.).
A. Status of Lifelines
- Telecommunications signals for Globe, Smart, and Sun Cellular restored in affected areas:
- Globe: 49% of affected sites in the Visayas; 30% of affected sites in Luzon and Mindanao
- Smart/ Sun Cellular: 309 out of 396 affected municipalities
- “Libreng Tawag” of Globe Telecom was set up at Hotel Alejandro, Tacloban City.
B. Updates from Government Agencies (as of 11 November 2013, 8:00 PM)
Food and water
- Provided P12.52 million worth of relief support to the affected families
- The DTI has declared price freeze in provinces and towns affected by Super Typhoon Yolanda. DTI reported that the supply of goods in most areas remain stable except for places which are difficult to access due to damaged roads.
Infrastructure and Transportation
- All airports are now open and operating except for Tacloban, which is with limited commercial operations (turbo propeller planes only).
- All seaports are operational.
- Status of Roads and Bridges (based on NDRRMC data)
Current Status Nov 12
|Batangas-Tabango-Lobo Road, Bgy.Mabacong and Talahib KM 134+100 to 145+000||Not passableDue to landslide||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Palawan 1st Deo Coron-Busuanga Rd||Not passable due to fallen electrical posts||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Romblon Deo Tablas Circumferencial Rd KM 80+100||Not passable due to landslide||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Calapan South Road KM 13+000-KM 18+100 Bucayao, Calapan City||Not passable to light vehiclesDue to flooding||PASSABLE|
|Calapan North Road km 16+000-KM21+000||Not passable to light vehiclesDue to flooding||PASSABLE|
|Catanduanes Circ. Road BoconSpillway km 140+404, Brgy. BoconCaramoran||Not passableDue to flooding; DPWHinstalled barricades||PASSABLE|
|Km 153+500, Brgy. Lubas, SanAndres||Not passableDue to Uprooted trees||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Masbate Cataingan Road||Not passableDue to fallen trees; ongoingclearing operations|
|Lagonoy-Precentacion Road||Not passableDue to landslide||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Presentacion-Maligaya RoadKM508+800 Bgy. Cabotoan
KM 509+500 Bgy. Panicuan
KM513+000, Bgy. Patrocinio
KM514+200 Bgy Sirang
|Not passableDue to uprooted trees||ALL PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Old Iloilo-Capiz Rd. Suage Bridge Km33+274||Not passable|
|Capiz 2nd deo all national road||Not passable due to Damaged electrical posts||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Iloilo-Antique Road from Belison to Pandan||Not passable due to Due to uprooted trees||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Bacolod Southroad. KM 131+070; km, 131+250 km 144+435||Not passable due to landslide||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Mahaplag-Sogod Road||Not passableDue to Uprooted trees||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Daang Maharlika, Libagon Section||No passableDue to Uprooted trees||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Ormoc-baybay road||No passableDue to fallen trees and electric posts||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Palo-Carigara-Ormoc Road||No passableDue to fallen trees and electric posts||PASSABLE / CLEARED|
|Palompon-Isabel-Merida-Ormoc Road||Not passableDue to fallen trees and electric posts|
|Libungao-Matag-ob-Palompon Road||Not passableDue to fallen trees and electric posts|
|Tacloban City Daang Maharlika San Juanico Bridge||Not passable||PASSABLE|
|CLEARED NATIONAL ROADS, AS OF 12 NOVEMBER 2013, 12PM: 1. From Bicol: Matnog (Roro) –Allen, Northern Samar-Catbalogan-San Juanico Bridge-Tacloban
2. From Cebu: Ormoc-Kananga-Carigara-
3. From Cebu: Ormoc-Baybay-Abuyog-
4. Catbalogan-Basey-Lawa-An (Eastern Samar)
5. Catbalogan-Paranas-Taft-San Julian-Borongan (Eastern Samar)
- National roads to Tacloban that are already open:
BY LAND: Thru Bicol (Matnog, Sorsogon) Roro-Allen, Northern Samar, Catbalogan, N. Samar-San Juanico Bridge-Tacloban
FROM CEBU: Ormoc-Kananga-Carigara-Paco-Tacloban.
- National roads to Eastern Samar that are still being cleared:
- Taft-Borongan-Hernani-Guian (127 km)
- Marabut-Giporlos-Guian (46 km)
- DOE (through NEA)
|Power restored in Sta. Cruz, Mamburao, San Jose, Abra De Ilog and Paluan. Calintaan, Magsaysay and Rizal will be energized on 11 Nov 2013.|
|Power restored in Baco, Calapan City, Naujan, San Teodoro, Socorro, Victoria, Bansud, Gloria, Mansalay, Pinamalayan, and Roxas. Municipalities of Puerto Galera, Bulalacao, Bongabon and Pola will be energized on 11 Nov 2013.|
|Power restored in Odiongan, Ferrol, Looc, Alcantara, San Andres, Calatrava and San Agustin. Remaining three (3) municipalities of Santa Fe, San Jose and Santa Monica will be energized by 14 Nov 2013.|
|Power restored in City of Masbate and municipalities of Mobo, Aroroy, Baleno and Cataingan, Milagros and Uson already energized. Municipalities of Placer, Milagros and Balud will be energized on 11 Nov 2013. Eight (8) municipalities remain to be energized.|
|Power restored in municipalities of Jacinto and Ticao.|
|Caticlan and Boracay island will be partially energized today. Power coming from IPP with 5 MW capacity.|
|Power restored in municipalities of Mina, Pototan, Janiuay, Badiangan, Dingle, Barotac Nuevo, Dumangas, Zarraga and New Lucena. Municipalities of Passi, Duenas, and San Enrique will be energized today. Municipalities of Calinog and Lambunao are scheduled to be energized on 21 Nov 2013 and Bingawan on 30 Nov 2013.|
|Power restored on 10 Nov 2013.|
|Power restored on 10 Nov 2013.|
|On-going inspection and rehabilitation. Awaiting energization of transmission line.|
- As of 12 November 2013, the PNP deployed additional 1,082 police personnel to areas affected by Typhoon Yolanda (733 already in Tacloban, 85 already in Ormoc, 58 already in Capiz, and 206 additional police personnel on its way to Tacloban) to improve the peace and order situation in said areas.
C. International Commitments
As of November 12, 2013, 32 countries and international organizations have pledged their assistance in cash or in kind, with an estimated value amounting to $79.234M for relief and search and rescue operations in the aftermath of typhoon Yolanda.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Abiso para sa lahat ng Pilipino sa Yemen
- DOT, TPB, and MTV announce performers’ line-up for the first-ever MTV Music Evolution in Manila
- Palaro 2015 host sets benchmark for future Palarong Pambansa
- Commission on Appointments confirms new ambassadors
- DOLE lauds NMP for saving P6.5M in repair of training boat
- DPWH-NCR March 27-30 road repair