From the Department of Justice, Bureau of Investigation
Beginning January 24, 2014, applicants for National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance can apply by filling out a complete form online. The form is accessible through www.doj.gov.ph/nbi or www.nbi.gov.ph.
“With the implementation of the new NBI system, we shall continue to roll-out and implement solutions to progressively eliminate queues and simplify processes,” said Secretary of Justice Leila M. de Lima. “Online application is the logical next step after the switch,” she added.
The NBI system is now run by the Department of Justice, a first in the agency’s history and substantially upgrades the old systems.
Newly appointed NBI Director Virgilio L. Mendez said “This is just our third full week of operation under our watch but we expect significant progress in the coming weeks with the delivery of additional equipment and increase in personnel.” He added that the Renewal Module will be implemented next.
The NBI Clearance System is a component of the flagship National Justice Information System (NJIS) to link and share information among justice sector institutions.
After the online registration, applicants may proceed directly to any of the 55 sites nationwide for payment and biometric enrollment for the release of the clearance. A list of these areas is available at http://www.nbi.gov.ph.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Message and Press Conference Of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte During The Welcoming Of Repatriated Overseas Filipino Workers From Al Khobar, Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
- Press Conference of Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella (August 30, 2016)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 29, 2016 at Malacañan)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte after the wake visit to PO1 Gary Cabaguing (August 29, 2016 at Bajada, Davao City)
- Press Conference by Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella (August 26, 2016)
- Media Interview with President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 25, 2016 at Poblacion District, Davao City)