From the Department of Justice, Bureau of Investigation
Beginning January 24, 2014, applicants for National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance can apply by filling out a complete form online. The form is accessible through www.doj.gov.ph/nbi or www.nbi.gov.ph.
“With the implementation of the new NBI system, we shall continue to roll-out and implement solutions to progressively eliminate queues and simplify processes,” said Secretary of Justice Leila M. de Lima. “Online application is the logical next step after the switch,” she added.
The NBI system is now run by the Department of Justice, a first in the agency’s history and substantially upgrades the old systems.
Newly appointed NBI Director Virgilio L. Mendez said “This is just our third full week of operation under our watch but we expect significant progress in the coming weeks with the delivery of additional equipment and increase in personnel.” He added that the Renewal Module will be implemented next.
The NBI Clearance System is a component of the flagship National Justice Information System (NJIS) to link and share information among justice sector institutions.
After the online registration, applicants may proceed directly to any of the 55 sites nationwide for payment and biometric enrollment for the release of the clearance. A list of these areas is available at http://www.nbi.gov.ph.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- For the Record: Presidential Spokesperson clarifies a response he gave during his August 22 briefing
- 5th Progress Report: Millennium Development Goals
- Arrears Management Teams (AMTs) collect over P2 billion
- DILG: CIDG paiigtingin ang pagtugis sa mga Most Wanted Persons
- NAIA toilets, airconditioning being improved
- Australian gov’t-funded program turns over 24 newly-rehabilitated classrooms in Sulu