From the Department of Justice, Bureau of Investigation
Beginning January 24, 2014, applicants for National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance can apply by filling out a complete form online. The form is accessible through www.doj.gov.ph/nbi or www.nbi.gov.ph.
“With the implementation of the new NBI system, we shall continue to roll-out and implement solutions to progressively eliminate queues and simplify processes,” said Secretary of Justice Leila M. de Lima. “Online application is the logical next step after the switch,” she added.
The NBI system is now run by the Department of Justice, a first in the agency’s history and substantially upgrades the old systems.
Newly appointed NBI Director Virgilio L. Mendez said “This is just our third full week of operation under our watch but we expect significant progress in the coming weeks with the delivery of additional equipment and increase in personnel.” He added that the Renewal Module will be implemented next.
The NBI Clearance System is a component of the flagship National Justice Information System (NJIS) to link and share information among justice sector institutions.
After the online registration, applicants may proceed directly to any of the 55 sites nationwide for payment and biometric enrollment for the release of the clearance. A list of these areas is available at http://www.nbi.gov.ph.
Share on social media
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
More from the Briefing Room
- UNICEF’s unconditional cash grants to benefit Pantawid Pamilya families in E. Visayas
- Roxas secures freedom of 4 cops from NPA
- NPA to turn over four cops to DILG chief
- DOE chairs 2014 Consumer Welfare Month
- Statement: The Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on the release of PNP personnel
- Message of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process on Eid’l Fitr
- Statement: The Secretary of Education on SONA 2014
- Statement: The Secretary of the Interior and Local Government on Janet Lim Napoles’ transfer to Bicutan
- BIR reminds importers and customs brokers of July 31 accreditation deadline
- DOE updates on power restoration after Typhoon Glenda as of July 25, 2014
- Statement: The Deputy Presidential Spokesperson on the week of July 21-25, 2014
- Decorated general assumes office as government ceasefire chief