SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN
FOR: TYPHOON “#RubyPH”(HAGUPIT)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
WEATHER BULLETIN No. 10
ISSUED AT 11:00 AM, 06 DECEMBER 2014
Typhoon Ruby has slightly weakened as it continues to threaten the Samar provinces while maintaining its course.
Expected landfall: Sunday early morning over the Eastern Samar – Northern Samar area and it will be associated with strong winds, storm surge (up to 4.5 meters) and heavy-intense rainfall.
Estimated rainfall amount is from 7.5 – 20 mm per hour (heavy – intense) within the 600 km diameter of the typhoon.
Ruby and the Northeast Monsoon will bring rough to very rough sea conditions over the seaboards of Northern Luzon, eastern seaboard of Central and Southern Luzon, seaboards of Visayas and over northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao. Fisherfolks and those using small seacraft are advised not to venture out over the said seaboards.
Expected Exit PAR: Wednesday evening.
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 a.m. today, the eye of Typhoon Ruby was located based on all available data at 180 km East Northeast of Borongan, Eastern Samar or at 260 km East of Catarman, Northern Samar (12.1°N, 127.0°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 185 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 220 kph.
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West at 13 kph.
•24 hour (tomorrow morning) 50 km West of Catarman, Northern Samar or at 60 km East of Masbate City, Masbate.
•48 hour (Monday morning) 40 km North of Romblon, Romblon or at 125 km Southeast of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro.
•72 hour (Tuesday morning) 115 km West of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro.
Public Storm Warning Signal #3
LUZON: Catanduanes, Albay, Sorsogon, and Masbate including Ticao Island
VISAYAS: Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Samar and Biliran
• Residents in low lying and mountainous areas are alerted against flashfloods and landslides. Likewise, those living along the coast are warned on the occurrence of big waves associated with Storm Surge which may reach up to 4.5 meters.
• Heavy damage to agricultural plantation, medium and large trees maybe uprooted
• Considerable damage to structure of light to medium construction, while, majority of nipa and cogon houses unroofed or destroyed
• Severe damage to Billboards & signages
• Evacuation to a safer shelters is highly recommended
• Electrical power distribution and communication services maybe severely disrupted
Public Storm Warning Signal #2
LUZON: Camarines Sur, Burias Island and Romblon
VISAYAS: Capiz, Northern Cebu including Cebu City, Bantayan Island, Camotes Island, Leyte and Southern Leyte
MINDANAO: Dinagat Province
• Travel by all types of sea vessels and aircrafts are risky
Residents in low lying and mountainous areas are alerted against possible flashfloods and landslides.
• Rice and corn maybe adversely affected
• Few large trees uprooted
• Large number of nipa and cogon houses partially or totally unroofed and old galvanized iron roofs may roll off.
• Billboards/Signage may roll off
Public Storm Warning Signal #1
LUZON: Southern Quezon, Camarines Norte, Marinduque, Batangas, Occidental Mindoro and Oriental Mindoro
VISAYAS: Antique, Iloilo, Guimaras, Northern Negros, Rest of Cebu and Bohol
MINDANAO: Surigao del Norte including Siargao Island
• These areas will have occasional rains with occasional gusty winds.
• Twigs and branches of trees maybe broken
• Some banana plants may tilt or land flat on the ground
• Rice in flowering stage may suffer significant damage
• Some nipa and cogon houses maybe partially unroofed
• Sea travel of small sea crafts and fishing boats is risky
• The public and the disaster coordinating councils concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Duterte to marines: Defend the Republic
- Phl-Vietnam ties seen to strengthen after Duterte visit
- Duterte orders sequestration of shabu lab
- Abella: Filipino-Americans support President Duterte
- President Duterte all set for official visit to Vietnam
- President Duterte says he’ll forge strong trade alliance with Chinese, Russian businesses