Given the upcoming Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation – Economic Leaders’ Meeting, which will be held on November 18 and 19 in Metro Manila, the Philippine government has suspended work and class in the National Capital Region on the following dates:
For the public sector, work is suspended from November 17 to 20. Despite the suspension, frontline and basic services provided by the government will continue operating.
For the private sector, work is suspended on November 18 and 19.
The work and class suspension is expected to ease traffic in Metro Manila and accommodate the safety of the visiting leaders of the 21 partner economies of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation.
The Enabling Documents suspending classes and work in Metro Manila
Proclamation No. 1072, s. 2015 — November 18 and 19, all sectors
Memorandum Circular No. 84, s. 2015 — November 17 and 20, government workers
DepEd Memorandum — November 17 and 20, for schools offering basic education
Ched Memorandum — November 17 and 20, for Colleges and Universities
Exemptions and conditions
- Government agencies directly involved in basic services and in the APEC activities are to continue their operations.
- For affected local government units, the suspension is voluntary, based on an assessment of scheduled activities and traffic schemes.
- For the private sector, the suspension is voluntary, based an assessment of scheduled activities and traffic schemes.
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Road repair schedule in Quezon City
- Statement: Budget Secretary Abad on Q1 GDP growth and fiscal performance
- Statement: Finance Secretary Purisima on Q1 2016 GDP Growth
- Statement: Presidential Spokesperson Lacierda on the first quarter GDP growth for 2016
- Statement: Secretary Esguerra on the 2016 Q1 performance of the Philippine economy
- Speech: The President signs the Children’s Emergency Relief and Protection Act